“Fantastic Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Fantastic Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went with a few friends to the Adventure Park and we all LOVED IT! It was a blast we will be back again!

Annandale, Virginia
“Wonderful Community Supporter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

River Riders regularly support our school with donations for tubing to our auction. This package is always a very popular in our auction. Thank you River Riders for your contribution again this year to Holy Spirit Catholic School!

Visited November 2013
Railroad, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Canopy Tour Zip Line - GREAT Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Three of us (one adult and two teens) did the canopy tour with Justin and Josh - what a FUN trip! First time for me zip lining, and, though I was kind of scared, Justin and Josh made taking the leap a great experience. The non-stop jokes and puns certainly helped! These guys are pros and they handled the larger group - quickly learned all of our names - perfectly. I can't say enough - this was so much fun. We've kayaked with River Riders before, and every one of their guides has the experience and personality to make a great day for groups of different ages and experience levels.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Zip Lining is A Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Zip lining with River Riders was excellent! Two and half hours of zip lining flew by. Thorough safety procedures were impressive. Joe & Bethany made it easy for us first-timers, great with both young and old alike. Joe's endless supply of jokes set the tone and Bethany's encouragement turned the most reluctant of participants into pros in no time. Magnificent views of the river and mountains created the perfect setting the fun. We can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2013
“Amazing Zipline Experience with Phenemomenal Guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

On Friday, October 11 we had booked our zipline canopy tour and on this day it was pouring rain and we were very apprehensive/nervous. We arrived at River Riders and were put at ease once right away as we checked in and the staff was amazing. We asked every question and concern and they truly put us at ease.

It was me and my best friend and we went along with another family of 4 and we had the great pleasure of having Josh and Jake as our guides. They were extremely professional, knowledgeable of the equipment and the area, but also great in instruction.

The course starts by having you climb up on a rock, which was a bit surprising to me. I appreciate that they are using the natural scenery as much as possible, but especially since it was pouring rain and the rock is not this flat rock that you just climb up ad walk on, it is on that is a little challenging. There is nothing there to help you balance on, except your guide and the cable, which I will say the guides were great in helping me in this and getting me through this and on my way.

I would highly recommend gloves for this adventure, especially if it is raining. You are grabbing ropes to pull yourself in on landings, climbing ladders and suspensions bridges. My friends had gloves and she was fine and I didn't and I ended up with deep blisters and bad rope burn. It was definitely worth it, but just an fyi.

Josh and Jake were very upbeat and made the day a lot of fun. Safety was a priority at all times. The feeling of this adventure was truly incredible and you did feel like you were flying or gliding through the treetops. I want to go again!