“Zip Line Adventure with my husband + sons = PRICELESS :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Front Royal, Virginia
“Zip Line Adventure with my husband + sons = PRICELESS :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was a thrilling adventure from start to finish! We had two of the most amazing guides ever, Luke and Laura, who I would highly recommend. We felt very safe, never rushed and were able to enjoy and take photos of the beautiful scenery high above the trees. This was our first zip line experience and I am looking forward to going again soon.

Visited March 2013

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
“"Teambuilding By Nature" & Community Re-Investment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I want to thank you for the contribution made to the Panther baseball & softball teams, Burtonsville Athletic Association and the Christopher Carey Scholarship Fund.
The money that we raised will go directly to the youth sport program in three different ways. The funds will first go to building safe and inspiring ball fields that kids will want to be playing on. Second, to the organization that promotes the sports and influences our kids in sportsmanship both on and off of the field. Third, to our college fund that is awarded to the student who played in our organization and is the best example of a student athlete.

Your generous donation is greatly appreciated by our community and when our fields are ready, we will be sure to invite you to a game so you can see how your gift has been put to use.
I will be looking into a team building experience for our programs future and know where to come.

Visited February 2013
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“Supporting Community Organizations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Thank you for supporting New Life Christian School's 25th Anniversary Gala. Your generous donation will be enjoyed!

Visited February 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“KINDEST STAFF WE HAVE EVER MET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I worked at a summer camp in America and during our mid summer break, a friend and I decided to try ziplining and white water rafting here.
There was a heat warning on the day we began our travels and to get to this place involved walking for 2 hours to the bus stop in 113 degree heat with no water, finding out the local bus doesn't run on a Saturday and hitch-hiking to Washington DC instead, then getting the once a day train to West Virginia. Once we arrived there, we found out that we faced a 10 mile walk to River Riders with a storm rolling in at 8pm. The humidity was intense and we were exhausted from carrying so much stuff, including our tent.

We ended up getting a lift from a Park Ranger but when we arrived, River Riders was shut. We knocked for a member of staff who advised us the campsite was 3 miles away. When we mentioned we didn't have a car, or a phone to call a taxi, she kindly arranged another member of staff to drive us down to the campsite. They also picked us up the next morning and took us back to the meeting point which was a releif as we didn't fancy a 3 mile walk starting at 6am!
The ziplining and white water rafting was so much fun, the tour guides were fab and we had such a laugh with them! Prices were a little high for us travellers on a budget but it was WELL worth it!

Afterwards, we asked if the kitchen was still open so we could get some tea but they advised it was closed. Aware that we did not have transport or phones, and had forgotten to bring food for our 3 day camping trip (stupid we know!!) they ordered us a pizza to River Riders and stayed open late for us to eat before they drove us back to the campsite. They also gave us a couple of muffins complimentary for our breakfast in the morning which was again extremely kind of them!

Not only did they look after us so generously, they also picked us up in the morning and drove us all the way back to the train station for our train back to Washington which they didn't have to do.
The staff here are by far the kindest people we came accross throughout our time in America and we are extremely grateful to them for assisting us throughout our adventure. My friend and I would recommend anybody to go!!! It's a great day out and the staff are incredible!!

P.s. the location of the campsite is idyllic, looking out over the lake is beautiful! In the distance you can see 3 mountains, 1 is Maryland, 1 is Virginia, and the other is West Virginia!

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hooked on, hooked up, just plain hooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I came for the adventure course/night zip line combo I found through Living Social. Entirely worth the full price. The adventure course was a challenge but not disheartening. I came away with a few bruises but the feeling I had accomplished something. The staff was excellent. Safety was paramount - seen both in the gear and in the quality of the course. The site was beautiful and I can't wait to come back in the spring. The jokes were horrid!
The zip line was amazing. This was my second zip line trip and my first night time trip. Again, safety was paramount. The towers were both functional and beautiful - kind of like Tinkerbell's Treehouse. This was probably enhanced by the fairy lights on the bridges and on the towers. This is a fun course, you'll need to be able to climb ladders, but you are always tethered to something so you needn't worry about falling.
I highly recommend River Riders based on these two activities. I'm looking forward to rafting in the spring.

Visited November 2012