“Hooked on, hooked up, just plain hooked” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: West Virginia whitewater rafting, tubing, zip line canopy tour, kayaking, canoeing, biking, climbing, team building, and outdoor adventure summer camps in Harpers Ferry and C and O Canal National Parks on the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. We are the closest outfitter to the Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and Northern Virginia metro areas.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hooked on, hooked up, just plain hooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I came for the adventure course/night zip line combo I found through Living Social. Entirely worth the full price. The adventure course was a challenge but not disheartening. I came away with a few bruises but the feeling I had accomplished something. The staff was excellent. Safety was paramount - seen both in the gear and in the quality of the course. The site was beautiful and I can't wait to come back in the spring. The jokes were horrid!
The zip line was amazing. This was my second zip line trip and my first night time trip. Again, safety was paramount. The towers were both functional and beautiful - kind of like Tinkerbell's Treehouse. This was probably enhanced by the fairy lights on the bridges and on the towers. This is a fun course, you'll need to be able to climb ladders, but you are always tethered to something so you needn't worry about falling.
I highly recommend River Riders based on these two activities. I'm looking forward to rafting in the spring.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Adventure course and zip lining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I are in our upper 20s and we really enjoyed the adventure course and zip lining. We did the adventure course in the morning and we zip lined in the afternoon. We were time crunched in between activities and were unable to get lunch so I would suggest maybe bringing a lunch if you plan on doing more that one activity. We visited in November so it was pretty cold (lower 40s) so I would suggest dressing VERY warmly if temperatures are low. However, since it was cold my husband and I were able to have the majority of the adventure course to ourselves so we didn't have to wait on anyone and we could go at our own pace. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Totally worth the cold!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our family, including an 11yr old, enjoyed our first ZipLine adventure with River Riders this past weekend! The temperature dropped 20 degrees while we were there .... but even with freezing fingers and toes, it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! We had a fantastic time the whole day. The staff is AWESOME and SAFETY is by far their #1 priority! I've already passed thier link on to all my friends! We cannot express just how much fun we had! And the best part ... our daughter's confidence got a huge boost!!! She's ready for more!

Harleysville
3 attraction reviews
“Great family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My son (10 years old) and I did the zip line course in the morning, followed by rafting in the afternoon. GREAT experience. He was hesitant and nervous on the first zip line. By the end, he wanted to go first.
Guides are TERRIFIC. Wish I remembered the name of our (girl with a great sense of humor, and a guy who seemed to be an accomplished rock climber). All of them kept it fun and energetic.
Harpers Ferry is also a great town to visit. Make sure that you save time to check it out.

Visited August 2012
Santa Clara, California
11 attraction reviews
“Coming back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We booked the Adventure Park ticket and the Canopy tour from a LivingSocial deal. And boy we were glad we did that. We had the one of the most fun-filled experience. It was just awesome. The Adventure Park is so much fun. You got to try it out. Its fun, its thrilling with increasing level of difficulty, its a good workout. We started with the Canary land (for beginners) and ended with Woody Woodland (moderate). Would definitely be back here for the remaining ones. The staff members were excellent and very friendly.This was followed up by the adrenaline rushing zipline canopy tour. We had a blast. Totally worth the money.

I would highly recommend the Adventure Park.