“Worth going twice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment

O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment
Thomas Hall, St. Peter's Catholic Church, 110 Church Street, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
732 801 0381
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: O Be Joyfull offers historical tours of Harpers Ferry and historical concerts featuring music from the Civil War and from the Irish. Tours and concerts are entertaining, educational and fun!
virginia
27 attraction reviews
“Worth going twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My husband and I toured with Rick in April and he was very knowledgable. He made the history of Harpers Ferry come alive. He didn't just talk about the history we learn in school, he talked about the "back stories". When friends mentioned they were headed to Harpers Ferry in August we not only recommended Rick's tour, we drove 3 hours to do the tour again. Rick shares so much information that you want to hear it over so you can process it. His costume and demeanor really take you back in time! Make sure you wear walking shoes!

Baltimore
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

If you are into history and Harper's Ferry then O' Be Joyfull would be for you. I am not a history buff but Rick made it more interesting. I don't think young children would like it but I have a teenager and he made it enjoyable. Helped them learn about history. My husband can't wait to take his tour in Gettysburg.

Pittsburgh, Pa
“TAKE RICK'S TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Rick Garland's historical tour of Harpers Ferry was worth while and most enjoyable. Now I know much more about what is now concidered to be the start of the Civil War..
The area is all hills, but Rick went slow enough to make it a reasonable tour for me to partake in..
I've never been on a ghost tour, but .if we're in the area again, I think this tour, too, would be fun with Rick.

karinies
4 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

One of the best tours I've ever had. Rick does a wonderful job bringing the history of Harper's Ferry to life. The tour is entertaining and thorough. Even my two pre-teen sons really enjoyed it - and that's saying something!

Mass
418 attraction reviews
“Glad we came”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We only had a short time to spend in Harpers Ferry going from Lancaster, PA to DC so we chose this tour. It was definitely the right choice. Rick is very informative and entertaining. I didn't know very much about the area, but feel like I am well versed now. The tour goes over many interesting buildings, a church, scenic areas, historical areas, etc. You have the option of bailing out after the first 1:15, but we're glad we stayed for the full 2 hours. I Highly recommend.