“Great Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment

O' Be Joyfull Historical Tours & Entertainment
Thomas Hall, St. Peter's Catholic Church, 110 Church Street, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
732 801 0381
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 Activities in Harpers Ferry
Type: Tourist/ Visitor Centers, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: O Be Joyfull offers historical tours of Harpers Ferry and historical concerts featuring music from the Civil War and from the Irish. Tours and concerts are entertaining, educational and fun!
Baltimore
“Great Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

If you are into history and Harper's Ferry then O' Be Joyfull would be for you. I am not a history buff but Rick made it more interesting. I don't think young children would like it but I have a teenager and he made it enjoyable. Helped them learn about history. My husband can't wait to take his tour in Gettysburg.

Pittsburgh, Pa
“TAKE RICK'S TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Rick Garland's historical tour of Harpers Ferry was worth while and most enjoyable. Now I know much more about what is now concidered to be the start of the Civil War..
The area is all hills, but Rick went slow enough to make it a reasonable tour for me to partake in..
I've never been on a ghost tour, but .if we're in the area again, I think this tour, too, would be fun with Rick.

karinies
4 attraction reviews
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

One of the best tours I've ever had. Rick does a wonderful job bringing the history of Harper's Ferry to life. The tour is entertaining and thorough. Even my two pre-teen sons really enjoyed it - and that's saying something!

Mass
418 attraction reviews
“Glad we came”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

We only had a short time to spend in Harpers Ferry going from Lancaster, PA to DC so we chose this tour. It was definitely the right choice. Rick is very informative and entertaining. I didn't know very much about the area, but feel like I am well versed now. The tour goes over many interesting buildings, a church, scenic areas, historical areas, etc. You have the option of bailing out after the first 1:15, but we're glad we stayed for the full 2 hours. I Highly recommend.

Washington DC
“Excellent and thorough tour of Harpers Ferry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

My wife and I decide last minute on a day trip to Harpers Ferry. Decided to book a tour through O'Be Joyful based on positive comments online. The tour was spot on. Rick is intimately familiar with the in-depth history of Harpers Ferry and not only provides the historical facts but also adds insightful commentary and opinions that are well thought out and helps to paint a thorough picture of life in earlier times. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Harpers Ferry.