“Fantastic Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Massapequa
“Fantastic Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

I started as a fisherman at the Angler's Inn 3 years ago. The food and service (fishing) was really great. This year my wife took the place of my fishing buddy. It was a fishing trip my wife and I will never forget. The guide was awesome, couldn't have been more helpful and informative. (This was the first time guided fishing for my wife) He really made it a first class experience for my wife fishing. We fished for two days. The breakfast in the mornings for fishing looked like they were out of the "Gourmet Magazine" and tasted even better. We stayed 2 more days after fishing and really got to pamper ourselves with Bryan and Debbie's hospitality. The breakfast those two days were again like pictures out of "Gourmet Mag.".

The rooms were so clean and the decor exceptional, it really gave us a very relaxing and comfortable feeling. Even talking to the other people staying there, it was just a very stress free, relaxing time.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area to satisfy just about any appetite. Harpers Ferry also has so many sites to see and hiking paths to walk, even just sitting by the Potomac or Shenandoah rivers and relaxing or reading a good book. If you want to drive around, within just about 10 miles there even a few winerys that are worth visiting.

With so many things to do and see there I know my wife and I will be spending quite a few more years going to the Angler's Inn. I couldn't finish this review without mentioning the great homemade cookies in the reading room. There is always a fresh tin of them there to snack on in the afternoon.

My many thanks again to Bryan and Debbie for an absolutely great time.
See you again next year

Ray and Marian Gattus
Massapequa, New York

• Liked — The owners and they are very personnable, friendly & informative about the area
  • Disliked — really can not think of anything, everything was satisfying
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lifeski
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed in the Fenwick room with it's lovely sun room. It was delightful. The room felt very private. Breakfast was wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend the Anglers Inn to anyone.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

We had a great stay at the Angler's recently. Our room was huge with a huge bed and also a sitting room. Breakfast really was amazing - that's my favorite part of B&Bs and Debbie prepared two wonderful meals. Harper's Ferry itself is a very cute town and it was an easy walk to and from. Debbie also pointed us to some other things to do around. We didn't realize how close Antietam was and when we expressed an interest in seeing the battlefield she dropped off an audio tour for our car so we could drive the battlefield. That worked out well.

Stayed February 2008
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

I just returned from a long weekend at the Angler's Inn. If you like B&B's, this place is great! Every day I was greeted with a large and delicious, homemade breakfast, including the best berry crumble I've ever had. The innkeeper is friendly but completely unintrusive. My husband and I stayed in the Fenwick room. It was huge! Very sunny and clean with a large, private sun room to the side. The only bad thing was that it faced the back of the house instead of the historic street. That didn't bother us that much, though.

The Angler's Inn is a great place to seek some peace and quiet, to relax, and to enjoy nice conversation. The Inn's common areas are very comfortable. There are books and games to entertain you on a lazy day and a constant supply of refreshments and homemade cookies.

One warning - neither my husband nor I could get cell phone service in the Inn. This didn't bother us at all, but it could be an issue for others.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Southport, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

A nice, clean B&B a good walk uphill from Harpers Ferry historic district. Friendly innkeepers and very good value for money. We stayed for two nights in the off-season and we were the only guests on the first night. Our room was huge - it was practically a suite with a large, enclosed balcony/sitting area. Note that rooms are not listed individually on their website and so we did not book a specific room - we were lucky that we got the largest one. That said, all the rooms we saw looked to be of a high standard. The breakfast was particularly good. We also liked the fact that the innkeeper writes the next day's breakfast menu on a blackboard so you can look forward to it! Homemade cookies and free sodas were also available all day (and very nice they were too!)
Harpers Ferry itself is a lovely place to spend a couple of days, walking, admiring the views and seeing the sights. If you are having one of the famous Frozen Custards, we would recommend asking for a "Small"!
If you are travelling on your own, please note that the innkeepers live in a separate house across the backyard - you can contact them easily by the house phone but on our first night (when we were the only ones in a fairly large house) we thought that if either of us had been on our own, we might have felt a bit nervous.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — The hill
  • Tips/Secrets — Get a pizza from across the road and eat it on the porch
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

The Angler's Inn was just as described-- perfect. We stayed in the Rembrandt Room, I believe, and the bed was exceptional (and our fellow boarders also exclaimed over the comfort of their beds).

Our room was quite lovely- bright, airy, classic- and I could not imagine a bed and breakfast in the area that could have rivaled its comfort, location, or Debbi's absolutely delicious breakfast presentation. I would say it is gourmet, but perhaps a bit more comforting and heartwarming than usual gourmet fare-- and just what we needed.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. And we will, I am sure of it.

• Stayed April 2006
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2006

My wife and I went on side trip on our way to her parents' wedding anniversary party in NJ. The Angler's inn was pleasant, in a good location, the breakfast excellent, and the hostess was very efficient and congenial.

Our room was on the street side with the "private" bath being across the hall. We did experience some street noise after we had gone to bed. If I stayed there again, I would ask about which rooms were available and try to get one of the rooms not on the street side of the house and with the bath connecting directly to the room. However, I enjoyed our one night stay and thought it was a good value.

• Stayed October 2005
Knights Inn Knoxville
Knights Inn Knoxville
#1 of 1 in Knoxville
4.0 of 5 stars 51 reviews

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!