“Very nice place...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
Prices are for rooms, adults
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
“Very nice place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was very nice although the tub in the bathroom was tough to get in and out of for people in their late sixties. The hostess was very charming and cooked an excellent breakfast. If you are into Civil War history this is the place to be. The Kennedy Farm where John Brown and his group gathered as well as Charles Town where John Brown was executed are both right up the road. Besides Harper's Ferry there is the Antietam/Sharpsburg battlefield close by and Gettysburg is only an hour away. This is a Civil War buffs delight.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We are not usually B&B people. We've stayed a few time before but found that The Angler's Inn was a great find. A last minute decision, we were rewarded with a great room. Much, much better than staying in a motel. We had a very relaxing room, quiet, didn't hear others unlike some other reviews. Debbi was terrific, friendly but not obtrusive, which we've run into in other B&B's.

The room was comfortable with a separate sitting area to relax in before going out to dinner. The bathroom was great, if you like a strong shower, this is the place for you.

Breakfast was outstanding, I wish I would cook like this every morning.

Would certainly return if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was because we saw the Living Social (half price) voucher of $165 for this B&B that we decided to visit Harpers Ferry for 3 days. What a delight! From even before we arrived, we felt welcome and comfortable. Debbi even called me to say we could get in the room earlier than planned so we were able to get settled around noon and then head off for an afternoon visiting the Historical Site. It worked out so much better because she is very knowledgeable and gave us advice on what to do and in what order to do it. (My review of Harpers Ferry itself explains our three days' of great sightseeing.) The site closes down at 5 pm and fine dining doesn't exist in Harpers Ferry (though the Anchor Restaurant about 7 blocks form the Inn is fine), so it's nice to have a pied a terre to rest before going out for dinner.

This is a lovely old house which has been turned into 4 suite rooms, 3 upstairs and 1 down, each with a sitting room. Debbi had picked the Fenwick Room for us by phone based on our level of comfort (a claw foot bathtub and shower combo) plus a sitting room facing the back of the inn. EAch room is very comfortable, tastefully decorated with a King size bed. In my opinion, the Fenwick is the nicest because it is the largest and quietest (facing the back). The Remington and Wager rooms face the front and the street. The McKenzie room on the first floor has a private separate entrance on the back but don't book it if you like to sleep in--the inside door opens on the dining room and folks can be noisy at breakfast.

Our package included a wine and cheese platter which we thoroughly enjoyed on our separate porch sitting room for the two nights we were there. There is a space heater so it's cozy. I was suffering from broken ribs but the bed was so comfy, I enjoyed my first full night's sleep in two weeks. We were able to come and go as we pleased with a key to the side door and parking in back.

Breakfasts were gourmet--so much for that diet I was supposed to be on. Coffee was ready in the parlor by 7:30 and breakfast at 8:30. Apple crisp to start, followed by French toast and bacon. The second day it was broiled grapefruit with maple syrup and almonds, followed by cheese casserole. Yummy.

We will definitely stay here again and I have suggested this as an anniversary trip for my daughter. There will not be another Living Social coupon until year' end, but the package at $330 (including wine and cheese) or just the room for two nights at $250 is a great value.

Room Tip: Each room is very comfortable, tastefully decorated with a King size bed. In my opinion, the Fenwic...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, Dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked the Angler's Inn with a voucher from Living Social and everything went perfect.
I called ahead to make sure they still have enough vacancies on the weekends and they did. We could even choose the room we wanted to stay in. Debbie is a very warm and welcoming host and it was no problem that we arrived late on a Friday night. The rooms are cozy and clean and the breakfast is delicious. It's not one of these "high end wellness" B&Bs, though. Who wants that should look for someplace else. We enjoyed it and with the voucher it was a very affordable little getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My sister and I stayed in The Anglers Inn Friday and Saturday in March 2013. The experience, from arrival to departure was just lovely; calming, relaxing and friendly. Between the quiet, and the just-right bed I slept like a baby and woke up ready for an adventure. Breakfast was exquisite both mornings; a real three-course gourmet treat. I loved the Ricotta pancakes and spiced bacon - Yumm. The owner was a fountain of information about the area and had laid out maps and brochures in an alcove. I had a terrific weekend and the Anglers Inn was a large factor in that. The inn is a four room bed and breakfast. Every room is a suite. Three rooms have en-suite bathrooms and an attached sitting room. The fourth room has a bed in the sitting room rather than sofas and chairs. It is a perfect room if you are going with a family member because each person can have their own bed. The Inn itself is lovely, comfortable and spotlessly clean, (my allergies did not act up once) with free water, sodas and cookies in the living room. Despite the fact that certain areas were showing signs of wear and new coat of paint would have made the entire thing look really spiffed up, it did not matter because the rooms and bathrooms were so big and comfortable, warm and cozy. It was too early to go fishing, but in the spring and summer you can arrange fishing expeditions through the inn (hence the name Anglers Inn). I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone wanting to stay in Harpers Ferry.

Room Tip: Each room is unique. The suite with two beds is perfect for friends or family members who like to h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently planned a 5 day trip to Harper's Ferry for a much needed get away to reconnect with myself and with nature. After careful consideration I chose to spend my time in Harpers Ferry and to stay at the Angler's Inn. For me it was the perfect choice! From the moment I arrived I felt myself begin to relax. Debbi and Bryan, the Innkeepers, could not have been more welcoming. After many discussions with them about the history of their home, it was clear that they take great pride in their Bed and Breakfast. It is beautifully and thoughtfully decorated and not in an over the top "doily" kind of way that you can find at a lot of B and B's. It is also very conveniently located so the center of town is an easy walk away. Debbi is very knowledgeable about the area so she is a great resource to help you plan what to do, not only in Harpers Ferry, but also in the surrounding area. Bryan also does guided fishing tours though this is not something I did while I was there.

I stayed in the McKenzie room which is the only room downstairs. Debbi gave me a tour of all of the other rooms and I must say, they are all wonderful. I would have been happy to stay in any one of the rooms. What I enjoyed about staying in the McKenzie is that it has a separate entrance from the back of the house along with an outdoor sitting area that is essentially private off of the bedroom. The queen bed was very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was amazing! This room worked out great for me, however, the room is just off of the dining room so you will hear the breakfast guests at 8:30 in the morning. If you like to sleep in late this might not be the room for you.

For me this was not an issue as I looked forward every morning to getting up for breakfast. I was very pleased to discover that Debbi is an excellent cook! Each morning she prepared a three course breakfast which included freshly baked muffins/scones/and breads with tea/coffee/orange juice, a second course of baked fruits with fresh cream, and finally the main course which varied from French toast with almonds, spinach soufflé, lemon ricotta pancakes, and made to order omelets with toppings like prosciutto and goat cheese. In the afternoon, Debbi prepared chocolate chip cookies, tea and other beverages for guests to enjoy after coming home from a day of adventure.

I don't have any complaints about the Angler's Inn and would highly recommend it for those traveling without young children (no children under the age of 12). It was very relaxing and provided the perfect environment for my quiet get away. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to make a reservation to go back to the Angler's Inn in May (with my husband this time!) to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! I am looking forward to sharing with him this gem that I discovered!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay this weekend all the way around. Angler's Inn rooms were clean, comfortable, and cozy, the breakfasts were delicious and filling to your heart and stomach's content, and the owners were warm, engaging, and informative with regard to the area's offerings. Our room was spacious and had a very large porch where we enjoyed our wine and cheese, our coffee cups were never empty, and there was always an ample supply of freshly baked cookies. Could not have asked for anything better.

Room Tip: The Fenwick Room seemed to be the largest of the rooms, with the private porch next door. Freshly i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!