“Perfect Choice!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Reston
“Perfect Choice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently planned a 5 day trip to Harper's Ferry for a much needed get away to reconnect with myself and with nature. After careful consideration I chose to spend my time in Harpers Ferry and to stay at the Angler's Inn. For me it was the perfect choice! From the moment I arrived I felt myself begin to relax. Debbi and Bryan, the Innkeepers, could not have been more welcoming. After many discussions with them about the history of their home, it was clear that they take great pride in their Bed and Breakfast. It is beautifully and thoughtfully decorated and not in an over the top "doily" kind of way that you can find at a lot of B and B's. It is also very conveniently located so the center of town is an easy walk away. Debbi is very knowledgeable about the area so she is a great resource to help you plan what to do, not only in Harpers Ferry, but also in the surrounding area. Bryan also does guided fishing tours though this is not something I did while I was there.

I stayed in the McKenzie room which is the only room downstairs. Debbi gave me a tour of all of the other rooms and I must say, they are all wonderful. I would have been happy to stay in any one of the rooms. What I enjoyed about staying in the McKenzie is that it has a separate entrance from the back of the house along with an outdoor sitting area that is essentially private off of the bedroom. The queen bed was very comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was amazing! This room worked out great for me, however, the room is just off of the dining room so you will hear the breakfast guests at 8:30 in the morning. If you like to sleep in late this might not be the room for you.

For me this was not an issue as I looked forward every morning to getting up for breakfast. I was very pleased to discover that Debbi is an excellent cook! Each morning she prepared a three course breakfast which included freshly baked muffins/scones/and breads with tea/coffee/orange juice, a second course of baked fruits with fresh cream, and finally the main course which varied from French toast with almonds, spinach soufflé, lemon ricotta pancakes, and made to order omelets with toppings like prosciutto and goat cheese. In the afternoon, Debbi prepared chocolate chip cookies, tea and other beverages for guests to enjoy after coming home from a day of adventure.

I don't have any complaints about the Angler's Inn and would highly recommend it for those traveling without young children (no children under the age of 12). It was very relaxing and provided the perfect environment for my quiet get away. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to make a reservation to go back to the Angler's Inn in May (with my husband this time!) to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! I am looking forward to sharing with him this gem that I discovered!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hanover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Absolutely wonderful stay this weekend all the way around. Angler's Inn rooms were clean, comfortable, and cozy, the breakfasts were delicious and filling to your heart and stomach's content, and the owners were warm, engaging, and informative with regard to the area's offerings. Our room was spacious and had a very large porch where we enjoyed our wine and cheese, our coffee cups were never empty, and there was always an ample supply of freshly baked cookies. Could not have asked for anything better.

Room Tip: The Fenwick Room seemed to be the largest of the rooms, with the private porch next door. Freshly i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This cozy little nook has all the charm and wonders of 19th century living. The bed and breakfast innkeepers are warm and friendly and make one feel right at home. Each room has a lock and key so there is ample privacy. Each room has a personal bathroom, ours had a claw-foot bathtub which was romantic. Breakfast is hearty without being heavy. They are not always the typical eggs and bacon but more ecclectic treats like "Chocolate Coconut muffins, Mixed Berry Bake, Lemon Ricotta Hotcakes and Spiced Bacon". It was all delicious. There are also cookies and drinks in the evening for guests to enjoy. They have a lounge area with a piano, chess board and comfy seats.

If you enjoy the comfort, cozy and friendly feeling of a B&B than this is the place to go.

Reading, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We just booked The Angler's Inn for our ninth year in a row, this time for four nights, and keep staying for more days each time. We love the accommodations (espcially the Remington room), the delicious and plentiful breakfastsand the comfort and location Most importantly, the hospitality and graciousness of our hosts, Debi and Bryan is nothing short of fabulous ! Our fishing trips with Bryan as our guide are absolutely memorable and Debi makes sure that our stay is as pleasan as possible. She is so helpful and always attuned to our needs as guests. You will love The Angler's Inn for your stay in charming Harpers Ferry !

Dover de
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

if you are planning a trip to harpers ferry give The Anglers Inn a try. Thers only one problem, you will soon want to return. Debi and Bryan will treat you like family and will welcome you with a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Burke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I received terrible customer service when I tried to make a reservation to stay at the Inn. On January 22nd I purchased a Living Social Deal to stay any weekend before April 30th. I called 8 days later and spoke with both Brian and Debi Kelly, and they were booked for the next 12 weekends except for one, in which we alread had spring break plans. My options were either to rearrange my plans or to return the living social deal. It appeared as if they had oversold the Living Social promotion. Debi went on about how I should have called immediately after purchasing because they booked up so fast. I did not think 8 days was too late to call for a deal that would not expire for 3 more months. My experience in the past with using Living Social for three years now, is that it is the owner/manager, etc's decision to extend a promotion deal beyond the published expiration date. In my case, before I made a decision regarding what I wanted to do, I wanted to know all of my options. I asked Debi if they would be willing to extend the promotional deal beyond the April 30th expiration date since they were all booked. She put me on hold and I assumed she was looking into it. To my utter shock I heard her call me a very bad curse word to her husband. I could not believe the innkeeper had called me a curse word, espeically because I felt I was being kind, very flexible, and understanding. She did not expect me to hear her but I did. She admitted it was unprofessional and she apologized. When she handed me over to her husband I expected an apology from him as well, but to my surprise he proceeded to berate me even further. I was incredulous. I should have hung up then. He was condescending and incrediblly unprofessional. They seemed to get really offended and defensive when I asked them if they would be willing to extend the promotional deal. All they had to do was say "no" and I would have returned the Living Social voucher. Brian likes to defer to his countless satisfied guests over the years, but that does not excuse treating me poorly over the phone. I had the unfortunate experience of witnessing their true colors. There is no excuse for calling a potential guest such a rude and underserved name. I was not being difficult on the phone--I was asking my options so I could make a well-informed decision. I felt pressured by them to book a future stay and apply the $190 instead of returning the voucher. In over 30 years of world travel I have never had such difficultly with an owner/proprietor/manager or experienced such disrespecfulness. I cannot speak of the value, cleanliness, etc, of the Inn because I will never be staying there. When I called Living Social several days later to return the voucher, they actually told me that my complaint was not the first one they had received, and that they were notifying their management.

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although we are traveling in January we found warmth at the The Angler's Inn. What my husband and I like best about traveling, especially when we stay at B&B's, are friendly people. The owner, Debbie, is a delight and she makes a delicious breakfast. The morning meal consisted of poppy bread, fruit cobbler with whipped cream and a delicious omelet. Everything was done to perfection. During this time of year the Inn is only open on weekends, but Debbie made an exception and we stayed on a Monday night. I am so glad she did. We stayed in the Fenwick Room which has a sitting room off the main bedroom and a full bath. The bed, pillows and towels were luxurious. The house itself is quite beautiful. Although we were the only ones staying at the Inn, Debbie made sure fresh home baked cookies and ice was available in the sitting room. The location is great with a short walk into the historic part of town. The house was kept warm even though the temperature hovered in the teens. We truly enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: We loved the Fenwick as it is in the back of house and very quiet. It was nice to have a sitting roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!