“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Dover de
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

if you are planning a trip to harpers ferry give The Anglers Inn a try. Thers only one problem, you will soon want to return. Debi and Bryan will treat you like family and will welcome you with a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Burke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I received terrible customer service when I tried to make a reservation to stay at the Inn. On January 22nd I purchased a Living Social Deal to stay any weekend before April 30th. I called 8 days later and spoke with both Brian and Debi Kelly, and they were booked for the next 12 weekends except for one, in which we alread had spring break plans. My options were either to rearrange my plans or to return the living social deal. It appeared as if they had oversold the Living Social promotion. Debi went on about how I should have called immediately after purchasing because they booked up so fast. I did not think 8 days was too late to call for a deal that would not expire for 3 more months. My experience in the past with using Living Social for three years now, is that it is the owner/manager, etc's decision to extend a promotion deal beyond the published expiration date. In my case, before I made a decision regarding what I wanted to do, I wanted to know all of my options. I asked Debi if they would be willing to extend the promotional deal beyond the April 30th expiration date since they were all booked. She put me on hold and I assumed she was looking into it. To my utter shock I heard her call me a very bad curse word to her husband. I could not believe the innkeeper had called me a curse word, espeically because I felt I was being kind, very flexible, and understanding. She did not expect me to hear her but I did. She admitted it was unprofessional and she apologized. When she handed me over to her husband I expected an apology from him as well, but to my surprise he proceeded to berate me even further. I was incredulous. I should have hung up then. He was condescending and incrediblly unprofessional. They seemed to get really offended and defensive when I asked them if they would be willing to extend the promotional deal. All they had to do was say "no" and I would have returned the Living Social voucher. Brian likes to defer to his countless satisfied guests over the years, but that does not excuse treating me poorly over the phone. I had the unfortunate experience of witnessing their true colors. There is no excuse for calling a potential guest such a rude and underserved name. I was not being difficult on the phone--I was asking my options so I could make a well-informed decision. I felt pressured by them to book a future stay and apply the $190 instead of returning the voucher. In over 30 years of world travel I have never had such difficultly with an owner/proprietor/manager or experienced such disrespecfulness. I cannot speak of the value, cleanliness, etc, of the Inn because I will never be staying there. When I called Living Social several days later to return the voucher, they actually told me that my complaint was not the first one they had received, and that they were notifying their management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although we are traveling in January we found warmth at the The Angler's Inn. What my husband and I like best about traveling, especially when we stay at B&B's, are friendly people. The owner, Debbie, is a delight and she makes a delicious breakfast. The morning meal consisted of poppy bread, fruit cobbler with whipped cream and a delicious omelet. Everything was done to perfection. During this time of year the Inn is only open on weekends, but Debbie made an exception and we stayed on a Monday night. I am so glad she did. We stayed in the Fenwick Room which has a sitting room off the main bedroom and a full bath. The bed, pillows and towels were luxurious. The house itself is quite beautiful. Although we were the only ones staying at the Inn, Debbie made sure fresh home baked cookies and ice was available in the sitting room. The location is great with a short walk into the historic part of town. The house was kept warm even though the temperature hovered in the teens. We truly enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: We loved the Fenwick as it is in the back of house and very quiet. It was nice to have a sitting roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaplane, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I planned a trip to Harpers Ferry to celebrate my birthday. I was enamored with the Angler's Inn as soon as I entered - beautiful, charming, and it immediately felt like home. Debbi is a FABULOUS cook and while we enjoyed our delicious breakfast she offered helpful suggestions on how to spend our days. We appreciate that she was able to accomodate our check-in while she was absent, and we really appreciate the cookies in the parlor! My only regret is that we did not leave enough time to enjoy a lengthy soak in the clawfoot tub or a leisurely cup of tea in the afternoon. The stay, from start to finish, was absolutely lovely and was the perfect place to enjoy a birthday weekend with my husband.

Room Tip: Be prepared for no TVs - but that is part of the charm! Perfect place to reconnect and relax.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
clurwitch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We drove through Harpers Ferry on a whim on our way to Nashville and stayed here for one night. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The owner was friendly and welcoming, with interesting stories about the area. The breakfast was certainly a highlight of our stay with crumbles and some amazing sweetened bacon.

The B&B is a pleasant walk to historic area and also to Canal House restaurant. We would absolutely go back and stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We wanted a quick getaway for a work holiday. We had the pleasure of staying here on an overnight trip to Harpers Ferry. It was a really comfortable old house in a charming little town. The innkeepers were wonderful and a yummy cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: There are pictures of all the rooms on their website so you can choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay. The hostess was nice and the food was good. I did not know there was no t.v. there so ended up going to bed early, only to be awakened by the other guests coming in to visit in the common room just below my room. Had a hard time getting back to sleep after their hour long visit. Over all it was ok.

Room Tip: The other rooms look better that the one above the common room. Really missed having no t.v.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!