“Beautifully kept and very welcoming...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Stamford, Connecticut
“Beautifully kept and very welcoming...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although we are traveling in January we found warmth at the The Angler's Inn. What my husband and I like best about traveling, especially when we stay at B&B's, are friendly people. The owner, Debbie, is a delight and she makes a delicious breakfast. The morning meal consisted of poppy bread, fruit cobbler with whipped cream and a delicious omelet. Everything was done to perfection. During this time of year the Inn is only open on weekends, but Debbie made an exception and we stayed on a Monday night. I am so glad she did. We stayed in the Fenwick Room which has a sitting room off the main bedroom and a full bath. The bed, pillows and towels were luxurious. The house itself is quite beautiful. Although we were the only ones staying at the Inn, Debbie made sure fresh home baked cookies and ice was available in the sitting room. The location is great with a short walk into the historic part of town. The house was kept warm even though the temperature hovered in the teens. We truly enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: We loved the Fenwick as it is in the back of house and very quiet. It was nice to have a sitting roo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Delaplane, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I planned a trip to Harpers Ferry to celebrate my birthday. I was enamored with the Angler's Inn as soon as I entered - beautiful, charming, and it immediately felt like home. Debbi is a FABULOUS cook and while we enjoyed our delicious breakfast she offered helpful suggestions on how to spend our days. We appreciate that she was able to accomodate our check-in while she was absent, and we really appreciate the cookies in the parlor! My only regret is that we did not leave enough time to enjoy a lengthy soak in the clawfoot tub or a leisurely cup of tea in the afternoon. The stay, from start to finish, was absolutely lovely and was the perfect place to enjoy a birthday weekend with my husband.

Room Tip: Be prepared for no TVs - but that is part of the charm! Perfect place to reconnect and relax.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
clurwitch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We drove through Harpers Ferry on a whim on our way to Nashville and stayed here for one night. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The owner was friendly and welcoming, with interesting stories about the area. The breakfast was certainly a highlight of our stay with crumbles and some amazing sweetened bacon.

The B&B is a pleasant walk to historic area and also to Canal House restaurant. We would absolutely go back and stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We wanted a quick getaway for a work holiday. We had the pleasure of staying here on an overnight trip to Harpers Ferry. It was a really comfortable old house in a charming little town. The innkeepers were wonderful and a yummy cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: There are pictures of all the rooms on their website so you can choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay. The hostess was nice and the food was good. I did not know there was no t.v. there so ended up going to bed early, only to be awakened by the other guests coming in to visit in the common room just below my room. Had a hard time getting back to sleep after their hour long visit. Over all it was ok.

Room Tip: The other rooms look better that the one above the common room. Really missed having no t.v.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Seemed to be a very well maintained establishment, the location is good, and the accommodations are very nice. Good service, attentive owners. Comfortable rooms, and the lighting in the rooms that we saw was ample, there is plenty of reading material and the breakfast was excellent. There is ample parking in back, outdoor seating on front porch, side porch and in back, plenty of space if you want to sit outside. As mentioned it is in a good location, you can walk to a couple eateries, and downtown is within walking distance although maybe too far for some. Parking in Harper’s Ferry can be challenging when the town is busy.

A couple of cons, and these are based solely on our situation: We arrived after a few days on the Appalachian Trail and all I wanted was a hot bath. Not to be, one of the hot water heaters tripped off so no hot water for us. Yes, we brought the issue the attention of the inn and it was addressed, but the moment had passed, as the water took sometime to heat. Again, to the credit of the inn keepers the issue was addressed.

Internet access: Part II of what I was hoping for—catching up on the news and other happenings. A guest was sitting in the parlor streaming TV on their lap top—there are no TVs in the rooms that I know of which caused the guest to stream video. Anyhow, the streaming sucked the band with right up, no Internet for us.

Both occurrences admittedly are not necessarily in direct control of the inn keepers, but my reviews are based in large part on my personal experience.

So, for me no hot bath at the end of the trail, rather only a tepid soak in the tub with a quick rinse not so enjoyable.

No catching up on the news and happenings from around the world, sure I could live without it, and did, just wasn’t what I wanted.

There was one thing though that should have been addressed, there was a bar of soap melded to the floor by the bath tub; it was only 12’’ from the waste can so it should have been visible. For me, this should have been cleaned up sometime ago as it was not fresh.

Recommendation, if you do not find your circumstances the same as ours, chances are you would have a pleasant stay. If your circumstances are the same as ours make sure the is enough hot water before getting in the tub, and read the news the old fashioned way, buy a newspaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jettabug, Owner at The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Angler’s Inn and for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

A few follow up points from our end:

The tripping of the hot water heater was the classic, once in a blue moon, indicator that a heating element was about to go. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we’re glad we were able to reset it so you had hot water restored for the rest of your stay. The heating element was fixed the next day.

The day you departed, our entire region lost internet and cell phone service for about 8 hours. After services were restored, all appears to be normal, even better than before. I believe your internet experience was most likely attributed to whatever was fixed during this outage. Guests staying since you were here have reported great internet service in the house, some watched the vice presidential debates and movies on line.

As it turns out, I personally serviced your guest room upon your departure and discovered that clear, little bar of eco-friendly soap hiding between the plumbing pipes. It was removed, and immediately addressed with our staff.

We’re glad to know you enjoyed your visit over all, and look forward to the next time you come to Harpers Ferry, it’s a beautiful time of year to be here, the leaves are just beginning to change!
Hughesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned from my first time in Harper's Ferry & staying at the Angler's Inn. My mom & I went there to celebrate our birthdays together and have a relaxing time away. Mission accomplished. I cannot say enough wonderful things about how welcoming Debbi & Bryan were. I've stayed at several b&b's and this is by far one of my favorite. The house is beautiful, warm & inviting. They really made us feel like we were staying with friends. Debbie's breakfast both mornings was delicious. She even remembered we were there for our birthdays and this morning we each got a birthday candle in our spinach strata. We also couldn't get enough of the homemade cookies. I meant to take one for the road but completely forgot. We spend time on the front porch swing reading, catching up & just enjoying the peace and quiet. I can't say enough great things about this B&B! Make sure you check it out.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wager Room which was nice because we each had our own room & bed. Enjoy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!