“Charming B & B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Annapolis, Maryland
“Charming B & B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We wanted a quick getaway for a work holiday. We had the pleasure of staying here on an overnight trip to Harpers Ferry. It was a really comfortable old house in a charming little town. The innkeepers were wonderful and a yummy cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: There are pictures of all the rooms on their website so you can choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed our one night stay. The hostess was nice and the food was good. I did not know there was no t.v. there so ended up going to bed early, only to be awakened by the other guests coming in to visit in the common room just below my room. Had a hard time getting back to sleep after their hour long visit. Over all it was ok.

Room Tip: The other rooms look better that the one above the common room. Really missed having no t.v.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Seemed to be a very well maintained establishment, the location is good, and the accommodations are very nice. Good service, attentive owners. Comfortable rooms, and the lighting in the rooms that we saw was ample, there is plenty of reading material and the breakfast was excellent. There is ample parking in back, outdoor seating on front porch, side porch and in back, plenty of space if you want to sit outside. As mentioned it is in a good location, you can walk to a couple eateries, and downtown is within walking distance although maybe too far for some. Parking in Harper’s Ferry can be challenging when the town is busy.

A couple of cons, and these are based solely on our situation: We arrived after a few days on the Appalachian Trail and all I wanted was a hot bath. Not to be, one of the hot water heaters tripped off so no hot water for us. Yes, we brought the issue the attention of the inn and it was addressed, but the moment had passed, as the water took sometime to heat. Again, to the credit of the inn keepers the issue was addressed.

Internet access: Part II of what I was hoping for—catching up on the news and other happenings. A guest was sitting in the parlor streaming TV on their lap top—there are no TVs in the rooms that I know of which caused the guest to stream video. Anyhow, the streaming sucked the band with right up, no Internet for us.

Both occurrences admittedly are not necessarily in direct control of the inn keepers, but my reviews are based in large part on my personal experience.

So, for me no hot bath at the end of the trail, rather only a tepid soak in the tub with a quick rinse not so enjoyable.

No catching up on the news and happenings from around the world, sure I could live without it, and did, just wasn’t what I wanted.

There was one thing though that should have been addressed, there was a bar of soap melded to the floor by the bath tub; it was only 12’’ from the waste can so it should have been visible. For me, this should have been cleaned up sometime ago as it was not fresh.

Recommendation, if you do not find your circumstances the same as ours, chances are you would have a pleasant stay. If your circumstances are the same as ours make sure the is enough hot water before getting in the tub, and read the news the old fashioned way, buy a newspaper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jettabug, Owner at The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Angler’s Inn and for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

A few follow up points from our end:

The tripping of the hot water heater was the classic, once in a blue moon, indicator that a heating element was about to go. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we’re glad we were able to reset it so you had hot water restored for the rest of your stay. The heating element was fixed the next day.

The day you departed, our entire region lost internet and cell phone service for about 8 hours. After services were restored, all appears to be normal, even better than before. I believe your internet experience was most likely attributed to whatever was fixed during this outage. Guests staying since you were here have reported great internet service in the house, some watched the vice presidential debates and movies on line.

As it turns out, I personally serviced your guest room upon your departure and discovered that clear, little bar of eco-friendly soap hiding between the plumbing pipes. It was removed, and immediately addressed with our staff.

We’re glad to know you enjoyed your visit over all, and look forward to the next time you come to Harpers Ferry, it’s a beautiful time of year to be here, the leaves are just beginning to change!
Hughesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned from my first time in Harper's Ferry & staying at the Angler's Inn. My mom & I went there to celebrate our birthdays together and have a relaxing time away. Mission accomplished. I cannot say enough wonderful things about how welcoming Debbi & Bryan were. I've stayed at several b&b's and this is by far one of my favorite. The house is beautiful, warm & inviting. They really made us feel like we were staying with friends. Debbie's breakfast both mornings was delicious. She even remembered we were there for our birthdays and this morning we each got a birthday candle in our spinach strata. We also couldn't get enough of the homemade cookies. I meant to take one for the road but completely forgot. We spend time on the front porch swing reading, catching up & just enjoying the peace and quiet. I can't say enough great things about this B&B! Make sure you check it out.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wager Room which was nice because we each had our own room & bed. Enjoy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Bryan is one of the best fishing guides I've hired. Friendly, knowledgeable and great with beginners. Plus, he was very forthcoming with info so that I was able to later head out on my own. His shop in the next town is small, but very well stocked, top of the line fly equipment.
The Inn is great as well. It's been described as dark, but it was exactly what we wanted, very cozy, no privacy problems whatsoever. Expect uneven wooden floors and thin walls, it is an old historic house. Breakfast was so good it defies description. Debbi is a great hostess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dover de
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been a returning guest to the Anglers inn for about 12 years and can't wait for my next trip there. Byran and Debbi's hospitality is what makes this place so special, both will go out of there way to make your time in Harpers Ferry enjoyable. Breakfast is always awesome and the rooms are comfortable, making for a relaxing nights sleep. I reccomend a trip on the river with Bryan, even if you do not fish just his Knowledge of the rivers and the history of the area would make a great trip down the rivers

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Second time staying here on a C&O cycling trip, and it is still just as good. Debbi the owner is very welcoming, and really makes this place so special. The inn is nicely decorated and there is a great front porch. The rooms are large and comfortable, and breakfast is delicious. Although the road up from lower town is pretty steep, the climb is worth it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!