“Great Couples Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harpers Ferry
The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
867 W. Washington St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Great Couples Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to stop off in Harpers Ferry on the way home from a family holiday vacation. I felt pretty confident that I had booked a good spot given the positive reviews online, but our stay exceeded my expectations!

We rolled into town at 4pm and Debbi (the owner) greeted us, gave us a quick tour, set us up in our room, and made some dinner recommendations which was helpful because we discovered in our walk downtown later that evening some places were closed. They had cookies and soda in the parlor downstairs, so after unpacking we enjoyed a few cookies and opened up a bottle of wine we had brought with us (they had wine glasses and corkscrew out for use as well!). The home was incredibly clean (pretty much immaculate) and decorated cutely for the holidays.

Our bedroom was warm and welcoming with lots of cute pictures and decorations. Nice furniture and the bed was really comfortable. We are both prone to waking up a lot - not so here! We both got the best night's sleep. The bathroom was well stocked with soaps and shampoos and even included two terrycloth bathrobes that sadly we did not take advantage of. It had a large clawfoot tub with a shower extension, so wasn't a traditional shower. Because we were only staying a night we opted to not use the tub, but if we stayed for a full weekend we definitely would have taken advantage of it!

Breakfast was delicious. The goat cheese, tomato, scallion, and prosciutto omelette really stood out and we enjoyed a wonderful conversation with the other guests long after breakfast was over.

After a lot of driving and activity on our vacation earlier that week with family, this was a fantastic way to end our holiday trip. We both left feeling relaxed and satisfied with what ended up being a great side-trip!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
fredericksburg, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The Angler's Inn is in a very nice location, within walking distance of lower town Harpers Ferry. Bring your walking shoes because it is a quite a walk due to the hilly terrain, but a very pleasant walk with sidewalks all the way. Debbie is a very nice host and an incredible cook! There are fresh cookies in the parlor in the afternoon/evening with tea, coffee, and sodas/ice available to guests at all times. It was really nice to have a warm cup of tea in the evening upon returning "home" from lower town.

We stayed in the room on the main level and had the best night’s sleep we have had in a long time. The room is nice, clean and conveniently located off the dining room. I like this because it reminded me of when I would stay at my Grandmother's home, an old country farm house, and would wake to activity in the kitchen and dining room. Not noisy, just the setting of the table/cooking of breakfast... to me a nice sound as I woke up and got ready for the day. You must also know that this room has a private entrance, from the outside, right into the private sitting room, attached to this room, so you don't have to go through the dining room to enter/exit your room.

Breakfast was served from 0830-0930 with accommodations made if you needed something quick easier or if you had dietary needs.

Debbie is a pro at breakfast. The breakfasts are incredible and she makes it look so easy. I think she should create a cookbook with her recipes, they really are that good!

The Angler's Inn is a nice home away from home.

Room Tip: Call and talk to Debbie about the various rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed at the Angler's Inn at Harper's Ferry last weekend for a short break and had a very pleasant and comfortable stay. A home away from home and our host, Debbie, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the local area giving us some great tips about what to see and do. In the afternoons we were welcomed with hot tea and coffee as well as the homemade cookies which we helped ourselves to eagerly.... Delicious. The morning breakfast was very generous and tasty.

We stayed with another couple and both rooms where spacious and comfortable. Most rooms are en suite and have a separate seating area to bedrooms, however ours had a private bath outside the room across the hall. This was not really a problem at all. The house is quiet and private and so we did not feel this to be a problem at all. The decor and fixtures and fittings are really atmospheric and add to the whole charm of the Inn. Would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, however if you are a light sleeper and prefer to sleep in, then ask for one...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We spent 2 nights in November at this inn which we chose through tripadvisor. From the moment we walked in to the time we left we were made to feel very welcomed. The breakfast every morning was delicious. We had two completely different meals the two days we were there. The homemade cookies were a real treat. The owner, Debbi, was available and willing to give us pointers on what we wanted to do that day or to give suggestions on nearby sights we could see. The rooms were quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Everything was neat and clean. We were within walking distance to the town of Harpers Ferry. My husband left his two suits hanging in the closet and did not notice until we arrived in Washington DC. After a phone call to the inn, Debbi immediately called her neighbor who worked in DC and we had the suits the very next day. Thank you again for your hospitality and for going out of your way to make sure we had received the suits. We look forward to a return trip to eat your delicious bacon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Before our trip to Harpers Ferry neither my wife nor I had stayed at a bed and breakfast. When we first walked up to the front door of the Angler's Inn the smell of fresh homemade cookies hit my nose. As my wife looked around I helped myself to the delicious cookies. We were shown our room, told about the area, and informed about anything we may needed to know about the town (the historical parts of town shut down around 9pm). Maybe it was from all the hiking but I had not slept so well in who knows how long. The place was incredibly clean, the bed was super comfortable, Our host was warm and welcoming and the cookies were delicious! Since I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before and I have a very good appetite I was a little scared. The cooking was amazing and the breakfast has inspired me to continue to work on my breakfasts. I never left the morning table hungry and always enjoyed something new for the 3 nights we stayed. I'm not sure if I mentioned the afternoon fresh cookies that were provided daily or the hot tea/ coffee but everything was delicious. The home away from home is on top of the hill that leads down to Harpers Ferry which is a easy walk and if you have any questions the Host has her fingers on the pulse of the town or any event that may be happening around town. Overall my wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Angler's Inn as a nice extended weekend to get away from work and the hustles and bustles of life. The room was like home, and the hospitality was better than family, and the breakfast was gourmet. This was my first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast but will not be my last and most likely won't be my last at the Angler's Inn. I have to go back for some more cookies!!!

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this B&B 2 nights and were delighted with the accomodations. Our room was spacious & clean and breakfast was great. Debbie is very knowledgeable of the area and gave of many recommendations of sights to see.
This is a great place to stay in Harper's Ferry.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Angler's Inn was such a treat. I've been to Harper's Ferry before on day trips, but this time we decided to bike from Arlington (65 miles away) and spend the weekend. The room and board went well beyond my expectations. Our host, Debbi, greeted us when we arrived filthy and exhausted Friday night, helped us stow our bikes, showed us to our room, and recommended nearby restaurants (complete with map to show us how to get there). Our room, the Remington, was adorable and very spacious, with full bath and a separate sitting room - perfect for enjoying a glass of wine and some of Debbi's delicious homemade cookies.

Breakfast both days was a feast, everything homemade and delicious. Blueberry pancakes had us wishing we could stay another week! Don't worry about dietary restrictions or preferences, Debbi made sure to ask when we arrived. We spent the next day enjoying ourselves in Harper's Ferry, the Anglers Inn is located right on "the ridge" and walking distance to all of the restaurants and attractions. All-in-all it made for a spectacular weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Angler's Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!