“Absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

+1 304-725-8019
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: America's oldest ghost tour is an approximate one hour walking tour around several blocks of the historic "Lower Town" section of Harpers Ferry viewing a number of sites and buildings that have had ghostly phenomenon reported in or around them over the years. Tour includes both legeds and historical events which may account for some of the ghostly happenings. These stories of Harpers Ferry's history, legends and unexplained phenomenon are appropriate for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Some friends and I went for a tour in the off season. Our tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable and a wonderful storyteller. There were approximately 15 people in our group and we had no problem hearing her throughout the tour. The tour was almost half historical information and half spooky stories. I found the history fascinating and think that was half the reason I was so impressed with this experience. The other half was our charismatic and friendly guide. I have already recommended it to my friends and am looking forward to my next trip to Harpers Ferry so that I can do it again.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sarah M

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cold late winter spooks from the likes of a ghost town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great historical information. Rick was informative and entertaining. This was my first ghost tour, and though I don't spook easy and I do believe in the paranormal. The shear emptiness of Harpers Ferry at the time we were there added to an overall great historical and Folklore experience.

2 Thank Mic78audi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Made me jump!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Absolutely loved Rick! He dressed in period clothes, had great history mixed with great stories! Spent more time with us, probably more time than he planned, but we appreciated it so much. Yes he made me jump mire than once, usually it's my husband jumping :)

2 Thank Chealio
Springfield, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great History, Folklore and Spooks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I definitely enjoyed ourselves on this tour. The history is rich and the ghost stories are definitely interesting, believable and spooky at times. I would say that younger kids, if you know they are easily frightened might not enjoy the tour. There is one graphic historical part that may not be suitable for young children, however parental discretion and knowing your child's tolerance level needs to be taken into account. I highly recommend the tour. Definitely try to plan according to the weather. When it is too cold the tour resides in the old St. Peter's Cathedral. Still just as interesting, but the visuals are hindered just slightly. For good reason, no one wants to walk around in the cold at night.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank JPenguin718
New Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Supremely spooky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We don't believe in ghosts, but our guide had us questioning that. Great stories, with really interesting history thrown in.

Visited January 2013