his place needs some adult supervision:
1. car horn in parking lot went off every hour waking virtually every guest up including me repeatedly. When questioned in the AM, the staff said "oh, my police officer friend wasn't on duty so i didn't call the police". Suggestions: take license plate numbers to match a car to the guest; call cops; if all else fails, tow it away.
2. very loud, poorly maintained hot water heater. sounded like a popcorn maker - ran the whole night. several room at least affected. "oh so sorry"
3. place was full on a Saturday night. "free breakfast" was swamped. could nto even get coffee. suggestions: when full, you can't just have one small coffee carafe; have additional staff when full. Don't stay here if more than 50% full. They cant handle it.
(no coffee happened twice in the same AM - i did not even try to eat something)
4. so, not being able to get the free coffee, i went back to me room because i remembered a small coffee maker. Opened it up....yuck...filthy.
No credit, no discount. Avoid this place at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the closest hotel to Harpers Ferry National Historical Park near historic Harpers Ferry and just minutes from Hollywood Casino Charles Town. Whether you are looking to explore our country's history, enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains, or checking out the gaming and horse-racing action in Charles Town, the Econo Lodge is the perfect place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Comfort Inn Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Comfort Inn