“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Union Street, US 340 & Union St, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly Comfort Inn Harpers Ferry)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Harpers Ferry
America
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel and to be honest, I was very pleasantly surprised! Thrilled quite frankly, at the value I received.
I'm NOT saying this hotel compares to the finest hotels in New York but for what it is, and for the value you get, I have no complaints. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. There was a fridge and microwave in my room. For a budget hotel, I don't really ask for much more than that. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. I was very satisfied

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently visited Harpers Ferry for the off season. Having never been there before, my friends and I opted to stay at the Econo Lodge rather than one of the more expensive B&Bs in town. The rooms were clean and neat. They included a microwave and mini-fridge and had plenty of room for three of us to spread out. The woman at the desk when we checked in was incredibly nice and helpful when we asked for some info about the area and how to get around. Because it's located right along a busy road, some road noise can be heard, but a TV or AC/fan unit will drown that out easily. Breakfast was limited, but reasonable (cereal, bagels, coffee, juice, stuff to make egg sandwiches). The hotel is convenient to the AT and Loudoun Heights trails accessible across the bridge. Since it was the off season, we drove into town and parked at the train station. In nicer weather, a walk in along the river would be incredibly easy and a wonderful alternative. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone interested in visiting Harpers Ferry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay as it was most convenient to Harpers Ferry and Charlestown. Your host Heather was very helpful and exhibited professional service. I would consider staying there in my future travels. The facilities were very clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The first room we got had a broken phone and a broken heater that was held up by 2, 2x4's. the second room was like stepping back in time to 1985. The service was okay and the breakfast was generic. Your best bet is to travel 5 miles away to Charles Town and find a room.

• Stayed March 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the only motel of its kind the Harpers Ferry area, and it is excellent value at a very reasonable price. The room with two double beds was very comfortable and cozy with the table and chairs, large TV, microwave, fridge, iron, etc. Everyone on the staff was smiling and helpful, the lobby and all areas very clean and well maintained.
We stayed 2 nights, one of which there was only one other vehicle in the parking lot. Nonetheless both mornings we faced a full hot breakfast - waffles, danish, toast, bagles, cereal, biscuits, gravy, sausage patties and egg patties. An unbelievable offering for only a few guests.
We will use this motel for all our visits to the areas, and will tell our friends to do so also

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My Time was very good
the Desk Clerk Heather Was wonderful
She made sure we could find places we were looking for and offered places to eat and helped my wife and I in any way she could Our room was clean and taken care of nicely

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were passing through and stopped there fairly late in the evening. Young man on the front desk was frlendly and helpful. Room had everything needed and was well looked after. Young lady on the desk the next morning was equally as helpful and the breakfast did the job. Very happy with the one night stay.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor - I don't think they have an elevator to the second floor.