“Not bad at all!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4328 William L Wilson Fwy, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly Cliffside Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Toms Brook, Virginia
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

There were a few creepy things - bugs all over the place, the ceiling at the indoor pool leaks when it rains, and there were stains on the couch in our room that really scared me. BUT, the rooms were overall very clean, the service was great, the food in the dining hall in the mornings was good, the staff at the desk very helpful and nice, and nobody bothered us at all the four days we were here (since we were on our honeymoon, this was very important). I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: The spa is currently closed so don't stay here for that. Beds are SUPER comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for returning survey so glad you chose us for you honeymoon and that your stay was enjoyable hopefully you will return for one of your anniversaries.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is...ok. It served its purpose for us, which was a one night stay in-between traveling to North Carolina. We asked for a room that faced the mountains, and we got the opposite. I was told it would not be a problem. I was disappointed when I realized the view of our room faced the parking lot and not the mountain side. Had we been there for more than one night, I would have requested a move, but I did not.

The breakfast was adequate. Your normal fare, but nothing fancy.

Customer service was better than average. People were kind, friendly upon arrival, and eager to serve their guests.

Harpers Ferry is very small, and there is limited amounts of hotels. I would recommend this one if you aren't looking for anything fancy and just needing a place to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
We are glad you chose our hotel for your stay. Please always contact the front desk if your room does not meet the requests you make. Sometimes they do not pass on with the original res. and we will try and move you so that your stay is more comfortable. Hope you give us another try,
Flintstone, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Staying for two nights while going to and from horse track. Reservation easy, very friendly staff. Our room second floor facing woods. Could not have ask for cooler and quieter lodging. Air condition super and no noise from any where. Unbelievably relaxing. Misty at complementary breakfast nicknamed by others as sunshine started all out days off on a good note. Rooms have four pillows per bed too. We will be back. This stay has been wonderful. Highly recommended for a clean cozy nights rest !

• Stayed June 2014
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will choose the Quality Hotel if you are in the Harpers Ferry area in the future.
Aberdeen, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Their website is extremely out of date. There is no spa. There is no gourmet restaurant. I specifically booked here with the plan of getting a massage and having a gourmet dinner. Rooms are average. Food and drinks at the on-site Vista bar/tavern...again, average. Didn't care to eat there more than once. I've stayed at worse, but for the price, I expected more.

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the lower ground level. Yes, it's nice to look at the woods instead...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I have passed your suggestions over to management and hope that we can serve you again if you are in the area.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The rooms were clean and the food in the restaurant was good but it just didn't give you a welcoming feeling. It appears to be old and I'm sure they've done the best they could considering its age. When the room door was closed we could hear no sounds from the outside or the hallway which was a nice surprise. The indoor pool is very nice but has rooms with balconys looking over. Freaky having people sitting on their balcony extremely close watching you. It was a good value though and if you weren't staying long, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Harpers Ferry, We appreciate your comments and will pass them on to ownership, hope you choose to return in the future.
Elkins, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my third stay at the Quality Hotel Conference Center while enjoying historic Jefferson county WV. Obviously I would never have returned a second time if I wasn't pleased with the facility. The room met my needs in every way and I enjoyed the continental breakfast bar which had a variety of food selections. What makes this trip different from the previous two is that I got sick while visiting this time. In the grand scheme of things, it was nothing serious which required medical attention. It appears to have been a 24 hour stomach virus. Still, when sick I would rather be home and in my own bed. With my stomach churning the front desk staff, the restaurant management and the breakfast room staff woman were very kind and caring. They each helped me with extending my stay and getting proper food to deal with my upset stomach. Each staff person knew what it was like to deal with vomiting and diarrhea and sympathized with me. Their lack of indifference meant a lot to me and was greatly appreciated. I extend my thanks to the kind and caring staff at this establishment.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the swimming pool have a balcony where you can observe the poolside activities...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments on our staff. We pride ourselves to the fact that we do care about our individual guests. It was our pleasure to help when you were not feeling well.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The first thing we noticed about our hotel room was an unpleasant odor. The hallway smelled too, so it wasn't just our room. We bought baking soda for our fridge and an air freshener which helped a little.
However, the unpleasant odor might have been a blessing in disguise. Had our room not smelled so bad, we would not have wanted to open the window. When we went to open the window, we discovered it had been left unlocked! I'm glad we realized this prior to staying for two nights (we were on the ground floor!!) Speaking of being unlocked, don't assume your door will lock behind you just because you need a key card to enter. When we left the room, my boyfriend checked the handle to make sure the door was locked. It was not. Had he not checked, anyone could have gotten into our room. This is definitely not the safest hotel!
Surprisingly, our room was very clean. Smelly, but clean. The bathroom and jetted tub were very nice. It took a long time for the water to get warm on our first night there. It was fine the second night.
The hotel staff is kind-of friendly, but not very professional. Some of the staff have bad attitudes, especially the breakfast staff. They were rude to each other and even talked about each other to the customers! Not exactly the kind of conversation I like to have first thing in the morning. They replenished the food promptly, but the first day they only put out forks and the second day they only put out spoons. Their cleanliness was pretty gross. Don't use the waffle maker! The staff member wiped the dirty breakfast counter with a rag and then used that same rag (without rinsing it) to wipe out the inside of the waffle maker. Yuck!
At least the hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed April 2014
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at the hotel. Please know that all your complaints have been addressed to the proper departments so that these kind of problems will not happen again. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we certainly appreciate your patronage.

Been to Quality Hotel Conference Center? Share your experiences!