“Welcoming place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4328 William L Wilson Fwy, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly Cliffside Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Elkins, West Virginia
“Welcoming place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is my third stay at the Quality Hotel Conference Center while enjoying historic Jefferson county WV. Obviously I would never have returned a second time if I wasn't pleased with the facility. The room met my needs in every way and I enjoyed the continental breakfast bar which had a variety of food selections. What makes this trip different from the previous two is that I got sick while visiting this time. In the grand scheme of things, it was nothing serious which required medical attention. It appears to have been a 24 hour stomach virus. Still, when sick I would rather be home and in my own bed. With my stomach churning the front desk staff, the restaurant management and the breakfast room staff woman were very kind and caring. They each helped me with extending my stay and getting proper food to deal with my upset stomach. Each staff person knew what it was like to deal with vomiting and diarrhea and sympathized with me. Their lack of indifference meant a lot to me and was greatly appreciated. I extend my thanks to the kind and caring staff at this establishment.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the swimming pool have a balcony where you can observe the poolside activities...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments on our staff. We pride ourselves to the fact that we do care about our individual guests. It was our pleasure to help when you were not feeling well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The first thing we noticed about our hotel room was an unpleasant odor. The hallway smelled too, so it wasn't just our room. We bought baking soda for our fridge and an air freshener which helped a little.
However, the unpleasant odor might have been a blessing in disguise. Had our room not smelled so bad, we would not have wanted to open the window. When we went to open the window, we discovered it had been left unlocked! I'm glad we realized this prior to staying for two nights (we were on the ground floor!!) Speaking of being unlocked, don't assume your door will lock behind you just because you need a key card to enter. When we left the room, my boyfriend checked the handle to make sure the door was locked. It was not. Had he not checked, anyone could have gotten into our room. This is definitely not the safest hotel!
Surprisingly, our room was very clean. Smelly, but clean. The bathroom and jetted tub were very nice. It took a long time for the water to get warm on our first night there. It was fine the second night.
The hotel staff is kind-of friendly, but not very professional. Some of the staff have bad attitudes, especially the breakfast staff. They were rude to each other and even talked about each other to the customers! Not exactly the kind of conversation I like to have first thing in the morning. They replenished the food promptly, but the first day they only put out forks and the second day they only put out spoons. Their cleanliness was pretty gross. Don't use the waffle maker! The staff member wiped the dirty breakfast counter with a rag and then used that same rag (without rinsing it) to wipe out the inside of the waffle maker. Yuck!
At least the hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to do.

• Stayed April 2014
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at the hotel. Please know that all your complaints have been addressed to the proper departments so that these kind of problems will not happen again. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we certainly appreciate your patronage.
Plainview, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The customer service was outstanding. More than once was this demonstrated as we needed to change plans due to unforeseen circumstances. First with another family that couldn't make the trip due to car problems and again when an unsuspected illness occurred in our family.

Overall the hotel is well kept and clean. The room had very comfortable queen sized beds unlike most hotels offering full size. The layout and location were good and the amenities were ok. The workout room only had two machines plus part of a universal set. There was no hot-tub so that was a disappointment, however the breakfast that was included was much better than a traditional continental style at most chain hotels.

The best part of our stay was the Elvis show on Saturday night. Although the impersonator looked nothing like The King, he really engaged the audience and put on quite a show. There was a barbeque and car show. Unfortunately we missed the car show.

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the historic village of Harpers Ferry and the white water rafting and adventure park. Value was excellent and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel. WE are so glad that experience was such a positive one. We try to show all guest the true WV Hospitality. Hope you will stay with us in the future if you are in our area.
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I checked other hotels in the area and was shocked with an almost $200 price tag at each!! This hotel was mid-range, nothing fancy and a little dated interior, but with a nice price. The employees are extremely helpful and friendly! There is a free continental breakfast (the coupon for breakfast was odd - you drop in a basket when you enter the dining room) and they had a bar with slot machines which was really cool too. Indoor pool and exercise also. It just had a home-town feel that we are not used to seeing when we travel to other places. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for returning your choice hotels survey. It was out pleasure to host your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent New Years Eve night, my wife and other friends. We find this hotel to be a 5 star hotel. With very affordable accomodations, considering the other hotels in the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. We reccomend it to all travelers and we certainly will be back our next trip there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. We hope that if you return to our area in the future that you will choose our hotel for your stay.
Mountville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have driven past this location many times during my travels and, I hate to admit it, but based upon the quick look of the exterior when driving by, I wasn't too excited about ever staying here. The hotel is kind of dated on the outside and, in Harper's Ferry, WV, there are only a couple of hotels to choose from. Anyway, on a whim I decided to make a reservation at this location for me and my family as we were going to be in the area mainly to visit The Hollywood Casino in nearby Charles Town, WV. I am VERY pleased I took the chance on this hotel and my family and I will DEFINITELY stay here again.

First of all, even though the hotel is dated on the outside (it kind of gave me that 1970s feel but not in a good retro kind of way -- it just looked dated) -- and, though, you could say the inside of the lobby looked dated, oddly it was a very refreshing feeling. The Christmas decorations were those of yesteryear and maybe that helped with feeling of the decor of the lobby. The lobby was spacious and there's also a restaurant on the premises of the hotel (we did not eat at the restaurant but from viewing the menu, there seemed to be a nice variety of offerings and the prices were pretty reasonable). The front desk staff upon check-in (and during our stay) was very informative and very friendly. Each time we entered or exited through the lobby we were always greeted pleasantly. We had two rooms with two double beds and the rooms were adjoining, which was a nice feature. The rooms were quite big, very clean and very comfortable. I like the showers at Quality Hotels; they're spacious, the water pressure's great and the towels are comfy. There was a large refrigerator in each room and microwaves, too. Our room was on the first floor, facing the main road and though you would think we would be able to hear the traffic, we didn't -- so that was nice. Breakfast was included, of course, and it was quite good. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, ham, hash browns, donuts, yogurt, bagels, juices, coffee, water, cereal, fruit (I may have missed some items but the bottom line...there was plenty of food). The breakfast attendant was very nice and every housekeeper we walked past was very, very pleasant. Overall, it was a great experience and, like I said before, I'm glad we chose this location.

There is an indoor pool, a fitness center and a business center on the premises -- we didn't use any of these amenities because we were busy doing other things but it's nice to know they were available (this hotel is also a conference center and I know there were conference rooms available, too, which is nice).

Oh, I forgot to note -- we got a great rate at this location, especially for the weekend. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road -- although you may think it could be noisy, it wasn't; the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMwv078, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Conference Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2014

Kindest Regards,

Barbara Moreno
Front Office Manager
Quality Hotel Conference Center
304-535-6302
Kenova, WV
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel was on the low end of the middle. We had just traveled a HARD 6 hours across Cumberland, we happened to be in front of a snow storm but were unaware of it. We had held two rooms on our card for another family who was an hour or so behind us - thus IN the storm. We cancelled the room when we got there, but with it being outside of the 24 hour cancellation deadline, we of course were charged. I understand this being the policy, even though I don't agree with it since it was an unexpected and emergency situation. However, Brandon was quite disrespectful and condescending about this. That being said, this hotel is not worth the $140 price tag. The beds were not very comfortable, there was mold around the tub and the walls were paper thin. I know this because the baby next door woke us up sooner than he did his parents. Also the vouchers were unexpected. We travel a good bit and I have never experienced this for a complimentary breakfast. Even though this was a very nice location to Harpers Ferry, drive the extra couple of miles and stay in Charles Town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Hotel Conference Center? Share your experiences!