The first thing we noticed about our hotel room was an unpleasant odor. The hallway smelled too, so it wasn't just our room. We bought baking soda for our fridge and an air freshener which helped a little.
However, the unpleasant odor might have been a blessing in disguise. Had our room not smelled so bad, we would not have wanted to open the window. When we went to open the window, we discovered it had been left unlocked! I'm glad we realized this prior to staying for two nights (we were on the ground floor!!) Speaking of being unlocked, don't assume your door will lock behind you just because you need a key card to enter. When we left the room, my boyfriend checked the handle to make sure the door was locked. It was not. Had he not checked, anyone could have gotten into our room. This is definitely not the safest hotel!
Surprisingly, our room was very clean. Smelly, but clean. The bathroom and jetted tub were very nice. It took a long time for the water to get warm on our first night there. It was fine the second night.
The hotel staff is kind-of friendly, but not very professional. Some of the staff have bad attitudes, especially the breakfast staff. They were rude to each other and even talked about each other to the customers! Not exactly the kind of conversation I like to have first thing in the morning. They replenished the food promptly, but the first day they only put out forks and the second day they only put out spoons. Their cleanliness was pretty gross. Don't use the waffle maker! The staff member wiped the dirty breakfast counter with a rag and then used that same rag (without rinsing it) to wipe out the inside of the waffle maker. Yuck!
At least the hotel was convenient to everything we wanted to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming – History – Adventure …Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Quality Hotel Conference Center in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Quality team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site restaurant, live entertainment in our lounge, and tempting solutions from our Day Spa & Salon, the Quality Hotel in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. New on-site Day Spa & Salon offers complete spa, hair, skin, and nail services to help rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Quality Hotel Conference Center is a history and outdoor lover’s paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what’s in store when you visit. Don’t forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino. Let the Quality Hotel Conference Center host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Quality team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Hotel Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn