“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4328 William L Wilson Fwy, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly Cliffside Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
New York
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are history buffs, and felt it was time to explore Harper's Ferry, WV. I planned our trip for during the week. We have 3 small children and are on a budget. I chose the Quality Inn for it's price and proximity to the Visitor's Center. Our stay was very good, there were NO problems at all I am happy to say. The room was clean and very comfortable. Upon check in, "Brendan" from the front desk called to make sure all was ok. I took the opportunity to ask about the in room safe. I thought the call was a nice touch- We slept very well the two nights we were there. My kids liked the afternoon cookies in the lobby. We liked the hot coffee/tea available to guests. We were a bit under the weather, so it was nice to have a cup of hot decaf tea at bedtime. That was great! There were two computers in the lobby for guest's use. It was soooo helpful to have that to check times and locations of sites we wanted to see! The pool area was very pleasant and warm. The kids loved it!!!! The breakfast was also quite good- hot waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee of course, bakery items and daily hot selections were fine. The breakfast lady was very sweet and accomodating. There was a fridge and micro in the room. Very important to travelers with children and or on a budget. One night I drove to the Aldi about 2 miles away for a frozen lasagne and salad. Dinner cost less than $5! The only issue we had was wi-fi in the room. Our IPAD would NOT connect anywhere on the property. The IPOD did better though. The hotel is close to Haper's Ferry NHP, though not walking distance as I had hoped. The hotel is right next to the river rapids stuff if you're into that.... All in all, a very good, solid hotel. I whole heartedly recommend staying here if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you plan on spending lots of time at the pool, or have kids who will , there are rooms that face...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

No frills, but clean - someone else said - good description. We stayed one friday night while meeting friends who were staying at the KOA a just a minute away. Very convenient to river riders, the outfitter we used to go tubing on the shenandoah river the next morning.

However there are two things a hotel MUST DO well, and you will get a poor rating from us if you don't do them well. Offer a good nights sleep, and have a clean and functional bathroom experience. These are the only two things that a guest will absolutely require, and use. On these two, this property failed for us.

We were given a room on the "first" floor - which is below the lobby level. The hallway is long, with hotel rooms on one side, and conference rooms on the other. I have never seen hotel and conference rooms intermixed this way (30 years of business travel). We decided not to raise the issue, because it was Friday night, and we didn't expect there to be an early conference or heavy traffic saturday morning. Wrong! A conference started at the room directly across the hall from us at 5:30AM ON SATURDAY MORNING. Nice big booming voice on the speaker. We gave up trying to sleep in. A more minor issue, the bathroom fixtures were very dated, and the shower heads were old and clogged from hard water, making for very low water pressure.

When we checked out, we politely suggested they might want to not book rooms across from conferences, especially when the conference begins early on a weekend. We didn't ask for a discount or our money back - just a suggestion. They acted as if they didn't care, and just gave us a mumbled apology. We still don't know why they booked us in that room the hotel wasn't anywhere near full (we checked in about 10pm, the parking lot only had a few cars).

If your staying here, remember to ask for a room that is not mixed with conference rooms!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
buffalo grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy. We stayed here during a family trip; we mostly stayed at Hampton Inns, and this was not as nice as a Hampton, but it was adequate.

The hotel appears to consist of three separate buildings, each of which has (I believe) two floors. Our rooms were in the second building on the second floor. No elevator, so we entered the building (there was a card reader for security, but the door always seemed to be open) and climbed the concrete stairs (carpeted with stained indoor/outdoor carpeting) to the second floor. The rooms were very large - so large, in fact, that the lighting wasn't terribly adequate and the rooms always seemed dark. Nevertheless, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

Front desk staff was nice - provided directions to restaurants and stores in the area and called each of our rooms to make sure everything was ok.

Breakfast was pretty dreary - the standard waffles (which were fine), watery eggs, and a very limited selection of breads. It was provided in a large dining room with plenty of counter space and seating - which made the limited selection of food seem even more limited. Not the breakfast we'd had at other stops (which were mostly, as I've said, Hampton Inns). It was adequate.

They stay was really just ok - I would look for something nicer the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Valley Forge Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for one night and were very pleased with the accomdations. We were traveling on motorcycles in 100+ degree heat and just wanted to take a good shower. It did not dissapoint. The room was very clean and well air conditioned. We ate in the bar and they told us about their shuttle to the casino which we used and enjoyed. A good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hancock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days in July. Everything was fine. The staff was nice the room was clean. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Big hotel with lots of rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hauppauge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. just watch the prices the earlier the book the cheaper it will be.The first room we booked on the first level smelled really damp, I called the front desk and they apologized and changed out room immediately allowing me to check the new room first. I chose the same level, The room was alot nicer and it had a balcony over looking the indoor heated pool,So i had access any time I wanted. Which was actually pretty cool. The room was really dated. The TV was analog and was seriously old,Don't expect to watch tv.no flat screen here. The couch was old. But the room was clean. They offer a breakfast in the am. there is eggs, biscuits and waffles. So just drive to bob Evans instead.if you want anything more. I looked for other hotels in the area, And this seriously is the best . They do have a restaurant on site. The bartenders were really helpful and friendly, They only stay open til 11pm. I would come back again.especially since this is a good location and close to river rafting,hapers ferry. Oh and there is a 24 hour walmart really close if you needed anything,.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I showed up to the Quality hotel after a three hour motorcycle ride, by myself... of which the last thirty miles were in a rainstorm. I was soaking wet and in need of a room. I left for my mini weekend getaway with 400 dollars, surely one would think that 400 is enough money for a single woman to have a modest weekend away. They wanted 140 per night, and in lieu of a credit card they wanted another 150 deposit... which would have been all of my money. When I expressed my displeasure and explained my situation the cashier made no attempt to accomodate my needs. She didn't speak to a supervisor or make any effort whatsoever to sell me a room. I got back on my motorcycle in the rain and continued to the heart of historic Harpers Ferry where I was fortunate enough to find a bed and breakfast with superb accomodations, and at a much lower price than what the cashier quoted from Quality Hotel. So, before you settle for mediocre at best, take a look at what other local family owned businesses are nearby. I was much happier at the bed and breakfast.... it was well worth the money, Sorry, but Quality hotel will not get business from me ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Hotel Conference Center? Share your experiences!