“hotel rooms mixed with meeting rooms - 5:30am!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Conference Center

You added Quality Hotel Conference Center to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4328 William L Wilson Fwy, Harpers Ferry, WV 25425 (Formerly Cliffside Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Harpers Ferry
Annapolis, Maryland
“hotel rooms mixed with meeting rooms - 5:30am!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

No frills, but clean - someone else said - good description. We stayed one friday night while meeting friends who were staying at the KOA a just a minute away. Very convenient to river riders, the outfitter we used to go tubing on the shenandoah river the next morning.

However there are two things a hotel MUST DO well, and you will get a poor rating from us if you don't do them well. Offer a good nights sleep, and have a clean and functional bathroom experience. These are the only two things that a guest will absolutely require, and use. On these two, this property failed for us.

We were given a room on the "first" floor - which is below the lobby level. The hallway is long, with hotel rooms on one side, and conference rooms on the other. I have never seen hotel and conference rooms intermixed this way (30 years of business travel). We decided not to raise the issue, because it was Friday night, and we didn't expect there to be an early conference or heavy traffic saturday morning. Wrong! A conference started at the room directly across the hall from us at 5:30AM ON SATURDAY MORNING. Nice big booming voice on the speaker. We gave up trying to sleep in. A more minor issue, the bathroom fixtures were very dated, and the shower heads were old and clogged from hard water, making for very low water pressure.

When we checked out, we politely suggested they might want to not book rooms across from conferences, especially when the conference begins early on a weekend. We didn't ask for a discount or our money back - just a suggestion. They acted as if they didn't care, and just gave us a mumbled apology. We still don't know why they booked us in that room the hotel wasn't anywhere near full (we checked in about 10pm, the parking lot only had a few cars).

If your staying here, remember to ask for a room that is not mixed with conference rooms!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tchristian

buffalo grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy. We stayed here during a family trip; we mostly stayed at Hampton Inns, and this was not as nice as a Hampton, but it was adequate.

The hotel appears to consist of three separate buildings, each of which has (I believe) two floors. Our rooms were in the second building on the second floor. No elevator, so we entered the building (there was a card reader for security, but the door always seemed to be open) and climbed the concrete stairs (carpeted with stained indoor/outdoor carpeting) to the second floor. The rooms were very large - so large, in fact, that the lighting wasn't terribly adequate and the rooms always seemed dark. Nevertheless, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable.

Front desk staff was nice - provided directions to restaurants and stores in the area and called each of our rooms to make sure everything was ok.

Breakfast was pretty dreary - the standard waffles (which were fine), watery eggs, and a very limited selection of breads. It was provided in a large dining room with plenty of counter space and seating - which made the limited selection of food seem even more limited. Not the breakfast we'd had at other stops (which were mostly, as I've said, Hampton Inns). It was adequate.

They stay was really just ok - I would look for something nicer the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Valley Forge Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for one night and were very pleased with the accomdations. We were traveling on motorcycles in 100+ degree heat and just wanted to take a good shower. It did not dissapoint. The room was very clean and well air conditioned. We ate in the bar and they told us about their shuttle to the casino which we used and enjoyed. A good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hancock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days in July. Everything was fine. The staff was nice the room was clean. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Big hotel with lots of rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hauppauge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. just watch the prices the earlier the book the cheaper it will be.The first room we booked on the first level smelled really damp, I called the front desk and they apologized and changed out room immediately allowing me to check the new room first. I chose the same level, The room was alot nicer and it had a balcony over looking the indoor heated pool,So i had access any time I wanted. Which was actually pretty cool. The room was really dated. The TV was analog and was seriously old,Don't expect to watch tv.no flat screen here. The couch was old. But the room was clean. They offer a breakfast in the am. there is eggs, biscuits and waffles. So just drive to bob Evans instead.if you want anything more. I looked for other hotels in the area, And this seriously is the best . They do have a restaurant on site. The bartenders were really helpful and friendly, They only stay open til 11pm. I would come back again.especially since this is a good location and close to river rafting,hapers ferry. Oh and there is a 24 hour walmart really close if you needed anything,.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lee r
Lexington Park, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I showed up to the Quality hotel after a three hour motorcycle ride, by myself... of which the last thirty miles were in a rainstorm. I was soaking wet and in need of a room. I left for my mini weekend getaway with 400 dollars, surely one would think that 400 is enough money for a single woman to have a modest weekend away. They wanted 140 per night, and in lieu of a credit card they wanted another 150 deposit... which would have been all of my money. When I expressed my displeasure and explained my situation the cashier made no attempt to accomodate my needs. She didn't speak to a supervisor or make any effort whatsoever to sell me a room. I got back on my motorcycle in the rain and continued to the heart of historic Harpers Ferry where I was fortunate enough to find a bed and breakfast with superb accomodations, and at a much lower price than what the cashier quoted from Quality Hotel. So, before you settle for mediocre at best, take a look at what other local family owned businesses are nearby. I was much happier at the bed and breakfast.... it was well worth the money, Sorry, but Quality hotel will not get business from me ...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Keri C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel is a bit out of town for bicycle tourists, and on a major state highway. There are no facilities for bikes either. I understand that 99.9% of visitors will be coming by car though.
Beds are comfy, the room was quiet, it was a nice basic room with lots of cable tv channels, mini fridge, and microwave.
There is no restaurant but a big bar/tavern on the first floor with good drink deals and a little lottery room.
So overall, the hotel was a good deal. The location wasn't ideal for us, and it certainly isn't a luxury hotel but we slept well and enjoyed the rest of our trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Kearneysville
3.5 of 5 stars 67 reviews

Been to Quality Hotel Conference Center? Share your experiences!