No frills, but clean - someone else said - good description. We stayed one friday night while meeting friends who were staying at the KOA a just a minute away. Very convenient to river riders, the outfitter we used to go tubing on the shenandoah river the next morning.
However there are two things a hotel MUST DO well, and you will get a poor rating from us if you don't do them well. Offer a good nights sleep, and have a clean and functional bathroom experience. These are the only two things that a guest will absolutely require, and use. On these two, this property failed for us.
We were given a room on the "first" floor - which is below the lobby level. The hallway is long, with hotel rooms on one side, and conference rooms on the other. I have never seen hotel and conference rooms intermixed this way (30 years of business travel). We decided not to raise the issue, because it was Friday night, and we didn't expect there to be an early conference or heavy traffic saturday morning. Wrong! A conference started at the room directly across the hall from us at 5:30AM ON SATURDAY MORNING. Nice big booming voice on the speaker. We gave up trying to sleep in. A more minor issue, the bathroom fixtures were very dated, and the shower heads were old and clogged from hard water, making for very low water pressure.
When we checked out, we politely suggested they might want to not book rooms across from conferences, especially when the conference begins early on a weekend. We didn't ask for a discount or our money back - just a suggestion. They acted as if they didn't care, and just gave us a mumbled apology. We still don't know why they booked us in that room the hotel wasn't anywhere near full (we checked in about 10pm, the parking lot only had a few cars).
If your staying here, remember to ask for a room that is not mixed with conference rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gaming – History – Adventure …Only one hour from DC and Baltimore. Offering FREE Shuttle service to and from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races! The Quality Hotel Conference Center in beautiful Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is full of modern amenities to accommodate your every need. Whether you are a first-time visitor to the area or a seasoned vet, let the Quality team help you relax and enjoy the peaceful, serene surroundings. With 100 deluxe hotel rooms, superb dining from our on-site restaurant, live entertainment in our lounge, and tempting solutions from our Day Spa & Salon, the Quality Hotel in Harpers Ferry can handle any size group and still find time to cater to the traveling couple. New on-site Day Spa & Salon offers complete spa, hair, skin, and nail services to help rejuvenate your mind, body, and spirit. Within walking distance of Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and various outdoor activities, the Quality Hotel Conference Center is a history and outdoor lover’s paradise. Whitewater rafting, Civil War history, hiking the Appalachian Trail, sightseeing, and antique shopping are just a small sampling of what’s in store when you visit. Don’t forget about all the available action, including over 5,000 slots and brand new table games, at the acclaimed and newly renovated Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races less than 5 miles away. Free Shuttle Service to and from the Casino. Let the Quality Hotel Conference Center host your next conference, banquet, wedding, or group travel. With over 10,000 square feet of conference / reception space, the Quality team will assist you in any way possible to ensure your function is a complete success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Quality Hotel Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Harpers Ferry
- Quality Hotel Harpers Ferry
- Harpers Ferry Quality Inn