“Pack your bags and head to the Pinehurst!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Bayfield B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
memphis
“Pack your bags and head to the Pinehurst!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I drove about 16 hours from Memphis to visit Bayfield and the Apostle Islands. We chose the Pinehurst based on its website. Normally, I choose hotels based on tripadvisor reviews; however, since there were only a few for this one, I decided to go on and check it out.

I cannot say enough about this wonderful inn. The hosts Steve and Nancy are truly gracious and welcoming. The breakfast is simply divine!! The food at the inn and most of the restaurants in town is fresh - fresh fruits and fresh fish especially. We ate SO well during our stay. You must try the raspberry and apple cider that is served every morning at the inn.

We stayed for a total of four nights and five days. Apparently, many people visiting the area do not stay that long. However, we had plenty to do each and every day AND still have things to do when we return. I encourage you to purchase your apostle islands cruise tickets early as we were unable to take the tour during our stay. But, you simply must go sailing with DreamCatcher and John will take great care of you!

I have traveled extensively throughout the US and have rarely been so impressed with an inn or hotel. We stayed in The Birches in the Garden House. It is a lovely room and the single cleanest one that I have ever stayed in. It reminded me of staying at a friend's house. It was so clean that I made sure to leave a tip each day for the housekeepers so that they felt fully appreciated. Also, the bed and the sheets are incredible. I slept better on this trip than I ever have away from home! In addition, I rarely use hotel/inn tubs due to germs. (I seriously have a germ issue) But, this one was one of the cleanest that I have ever seen and extremely relaxing! Let me also note that there is a spa in the inn - in the back of the Garden House. I highly recommend taking advantages of their services while you are in town. It is good to book early as many locals use this spa as well. Darcy gives great facials! And, I also heard great things about Michael's massages. I bought the skin products as they are the only ones that I have ever experienced that are both eco-friendly and work!

A word about this inn, the town and the environment. Bayfield and the surrounding towns are beautiful. The people in the area take pride in their community and believe in taking care of the environment. While my husband and I are environmentally conscious, I have to say that the people in this community and the innkeepers taught us how we can make small changes to be more thoughtful. Also, if you are one of the few people who really do not care - let me assure you that you are NOT inconvenienced in any way during your stay.

If you are thinking of going, you really must know that the area is enchanting. One of the reasons that we like to go to Wisconsin is because of the kindness of the people. But Bayfield is really special. This area is especially open and by the time you leave, you will feel that you are leaving a second home rather than just returning from a vacation destination. My husband and i will return in the winter to experience all that this area has to offer!

For some suggestions about your stay - be sure and and take the history and ghost tours - they are especially fun!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rosemount MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Pinehurst. We stayed in the Elisha room and it was comfortable and clean. Having the tub in the main area was a little different and the shower was adequate but would be difficult to get in and out of if you were older.

Nancy and Steve were great hosts. They know a lot about the area and were able to give us tips on where to visit. The breakfasts were fabulous.

We would recommend staying at their B&B.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

Awesome green b&b experience. The owners, Nancy and Steve, have planned a thoughtful and sustainable b&b experience- from the delicious breakfasts made from local and organic foods, to the beautiful rooms, relaxing day spa services, friendly service and beautiful location- Pinehurst is the whole package.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stayed here over the July 4th weekend. It's a historic home with an additional guesthouse next door. Both are very clean, interesting places. The main house was built over a hundred years ago, with interesting stone fireplace and stone porch. The guest house was built just a few years ago to look very much like the main house but was built with all green materials, solar heating, etc. We were in the guest house in a big room with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Everything was really nice, very quiet, well maintained. The owners are friendly and accommodating, the breakfasts yummy. A good value!

• Liked — The pretty garden outside, the fireplace inside
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

We stayed in the Brownstone room over Memorial Day weekend. The gardens were beautiful, our room was clean, and breakfast in the main house was delicious. We appreciated the modern decor in the guest house (only real plants in our room!). It's just a short ride away from Bayfield, a wonderful little town.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Pinehurst Inn? Share your experiences!