“Excellent Event Destination” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bayfield Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bayfield
The Bayfield Inn
You added The Bayfield Inn to your Saves list
20 Rittenhouse Avenue, Bayfield, WI 54814   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bayfield
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Excellent Event Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My Fiance and I got married on a sailboat near Basswood Island on May 17th, 2013. The night before listed a 50 percent chance of rain that day, but the day ended up beautiful and we even had a nest with eagles overlooking our ceremony. As soon as my Fiance and I decided to have our ceremony in Bayfield, I knew our dinner reception had to be at the Bayfield Inn. My parents owned the Inn in the 70's and I grew up running around and interacting with the guests. I knew every inch of each level. I knew there had been several remodels and each time it was wonderfully improved. Ron and Tyler were very easy to work with and made sure everything for our dinner was perfect. They communicated regularly and assured us of each detail. The dining room has a spectacular view, the decor was beautiful, and our families loved every aspect. Of course we had to have fresh whitefish and the chef prepared it perfectly, as well as all of the other items. It is truly a special place for my family and my new family absolutely loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Bayfield inn. The room was comfortable and clean and I believe recently redecorated. Our room overlooked a pretty little park and Lake Superior. Thank you for morning coffee in room or lobby! We will be back to dine at your restaurant on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had to stay when Achilles destroyed our plans for camping. The staff is great and the rooms spotless. I had woken up with what I thought were them bugs, but I dismissed it as from hiking in the woods earlier. Second night no itch.

Room Tip: Although we stayed streetside to keep an eye on our gear, Lakeside is the way to go if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bayfield, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Over Presidents' Day weekend we had a family crisis. Could not be left alone at
home, on top of one of Bayfield's hills without a car in winter weather. Called The Bayfield Inn, and eventhough they were very busy that weekend, they made room for me and totally took care of me They drove me where ever I needed to go. Not only did I have breakfast & lunch there, but they also prepared an evening meal that I could have in my room so I wouldn"t have to go out in very icy conditions.
They made me feel safe & comfortale in the middle of a family crisis. Am telling
everyone I see. The Bayfield Inn is a 7 star Inn!
Theodora Spear, Bayfield, WI

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 2013 during a girls weekend. It was the perfect spot for four girls. We utilized the kitchen and the location was very convenient. In fact, we didn't drive at all during our stay. We walked to Brownstone Centre to rent cross country skis (about $20 for the whole day) and we cross country skied from Bayfield to Madeline Island. It was a fantastic workout and loads of fun! We picked a weekend where visiting the island was very sad as two individuals had snowmobiled across the ice and fell in and died.

Overall, I would recommend the Washington Ave Condo. The only minor downside is that there was not cable tv (which was not an issue for us as we played board games during the evening) and we noticed there would a be some shortages of hot water when using the shower and tub. Great place for a girls weekend in Bayfield!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night last summer, and it was great! The location is right in the middle of Bayfield, and you can walk everywhere. The rooms are nice, and we loved the rooftop bar! Will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I got to spend a lovely winter weekend here with 4 good friends. The condo was the perfect size for the 5 of us, with 2 shared beds and the pull-out couch in the den. The furniture in the main living area was very comfy and the kitchen had everything we needed. The fireplace was a huge plus! The location was also perfect as we were right downtown and could walk everywhere. The only reason it's only getting 4 stars is because of the view since we were on the ground level. The many windows just look out at an alley, a nice alley, but an alley. My guess is that the condos on the upper floors have nicer views of the lake.

Room Tip: There's nothing wrong with the ground floor condo, but the upper level condos probably have nice...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Bayfield Inn? Share your experiences!