“Center Cut Filet!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Ashland, Wisconsin
“Center Cut Filet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you like steak, do not pass up the center cut filet with the red wine demi...hands down the finest steak you'll find in the greater Bayfield area! Great views, great food, great service, great atmosphere. Portside should be on everyone's 'must do' list when visiting the area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Duluth, Georgia
“Grocery Bagged Salad and Canned Soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped at the Portside Restaurant in July, 2013 for dinner. The restaurant is well-visited , maybe because it's the only game in town. My husband ordered a baked potato and a bowl of chowder. The baked potato was dry and the chowder tasted like it came out of a can. I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad - a total waste of $14.99! The salad looked like it came out of a bag from the local supermarket; no scallions, no carrots and no honey mustard dressing. The salad was covered in caeser salad dressing with no sign of anything "Oriental" in the salad bowl. We asked the waitress to let the chef know that there was caeser dressing on this salad, and we asked if maybe they served me the wrong salad. The "chef"s message was that this was their honey mustard dressing and that they had not made a mistake. I told the waitress again that they did not serve me the salad I ordered. She insisted that this WAS the salad. I ate 3 bites and left the rest. We asked if they would adjust our bill, and they refused. My husband and I remained polite throughout the entire time since we did not wish to draw attention to ourselves or ruin other people's dinner experience. Bottom line: customer service is nonexistent, the chef was nowhere to be seen and the waitress forgot that she works in the hospitality industry. LOUSY restaurant. Don't waste your money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
blaine, mn
“Great view, great salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am leery when someone says they have an award winning anything. But, I could understand that about the salad. Very good!

My wife had the trout and liked it. I had the whitefish and baked potato. The whitefish was good but the potato was overcooked.

The view of the marina can't be beat and the meal would have been better if not for the lady sitting behind me who spoke so loudly that I had to raise my voice to be heard by my wife. But, not the staff's fault.

Recommend and would return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaver Dam, WI
“Wonderful dinner and atmosphere in Bayfield!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the black tiger shrimp and it was wonderful! We asked for a window seat and the view is great. It is in Superior Marina so we saw all the sailboats go in and out of the marina! The waitress was very friendly as was the gentlemen in the bar area. We also had dessert and it was worth the calories! They do take reservations and we went at 5 because we were going to the Big Top show, but would not have needed reservations.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Merriam, Kansas
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We always have dinner one night at Portside when we visit Bayfield. Love the location with a great view of the marina.

Visited August 2013