“coming and going a great place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: Wild by Nature Cafe and Market was established in 1998. It is located in the heart of downtown Bayfield and features both indoor and outdoor seating.
Port Wing, Wisconsin
“coming and going a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I keep a boat in one of the local marinas, so I spend time in Bayfield. I find this the best cafe in town. Love the local fish plates using fresh caught whitefish in fish fries, tacos, and pan fried plates. There sandwitches are fresh, my favorite chicken salad.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Huntsville, Alabama
“Soup was Tasty - Fish and Chips Not So Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Small place with a couple of tables - ordering is at the counter and they seem to do a lot of orders of sandwiches for people to take on boat trips. We ate in the restaurant before a trip to Raspberry Island. I had a bowl of their beef barley soup and would have liked more for the price. The bowl had not much more than would be in a normal cup as it was very shallow. It came with a couple of slivers (about equal to a half slice) of nice bread. I'd have liked a full slice for the price I paid. My husband chose fish and chips: the breading was fairly dense and not crispy or flaky. The fish was thick but rather soft and mushy. He had two small pieces of fish that were a total of about 6 oz. The french fries were hot and tasty. The price was $8.50 and I know this is a resort town but I thought that a tad high for the quantity and quality of his meal. I'd eat here again but I'd avoid the fish and chips.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nancy T, Owner at Wild by Nature Market, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
After reading this review, I feel I have to respond. First, my business has eight tables plus window seating for a total of inside seating for 40 people. We also have an outdoor patio that seats an additional 15 people. Glad you liked the soup. After your comments about the bowl size I measured both our cups and bowls. Our bowls are standard restaurant sized bowls. Our cups hold an 8 oz serving and the bowls hold a 15 oz serving. There is an additional $1.00 charge for a bowl sized serving. I would be happy to demonstrate cup vs. bowl size to any customer asking to see the difference and I have frequently done so over the years. As for the price I can only say that our prices are very competitve for Bayfield. A five minute review of Bayfield restaurant menus will show that Wild by Nature prices are hands down the lowest in town. I also stand by both the quality and quantity of our fish and chips. Each serving comes with a full fillet.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Bag Lunches for Madeline Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I were able to order bag lunches the day before we went to Madeline Island. We picked them up the next morning,freshly made before we caught the ferry. My husbandhad had the smoked whitefish sandwhich and I had the hummus sandwhich. We loved our sandwhiches. The lunch came with chips we picked out, a pickle and a nice bakery type cookie. This worked out great for biking to Big Bay park on the Island.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Greeeeat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Bean burritos, Breakfast burritos, Burgers, Sandwhiches, Salads, Wraps, Full breakfast menu, And daily specials. Wild By Nature has it ALL. Best place in town to stop in and have a bite to eat. They do togo orders if you're in a hurry. They have options for people who dont eat meat. They have it all. I strongly believe this place has the best burgers in the town of bayfield.

Visited June 2012
Cambridge, Minnesota
“Healthy Place for Picnic Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stopped by on our way to Madeline Island and picked up lots of wonderfully healthy and yummy food for a picnic. Fresh salads, meats, teas and cheeses, everything was very good!!

• Visited June 2012