“Nice enough place” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice enough place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great location, nice cozy dining room, decent food. Loved the pickled herring appetizer just because you don't see that every day. Nice patio area to eat outside if its warm enough, great view of the water.

Visited September 2013

Duluth
“so much food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here for our Anniversary, wasn't busy, which was good. I ordered the BBQ Ribs, and hubby had the Pork Medallion dinner. We could have ordered one dinner and spit it! Seeing we were traveling we couldn't really take what we didn't eat, but I did take what ribs I had left with. Our waitress was excellent. Loved the view.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Came to eat here because it was one of the only places that didn't seem incredibly expensive. We both fully intended to eat fish, since that's just something you should do while you are in Bayfield, but as soon as I glanced at the menu I knew I had to try the buffalo mac n cheese. The dinner was very good, and the mac n cheese had a great buffalo sauce flavor without being spicy (which was disappointing for me, but I think most would definitely enjoy this!). My boyfriend got a baked whitefish and was not disappointed. The drinks were a different story...ordered a brandy old fashioned sweet, and it tasted like I was drinking pure rubbing alcohol with some cherries in it. Fortunately it was cheap, and there is enough of a beer and wine selection that I could have gotten something else if I had wanted to. The view of the water is great. The music was a bit strange...unless you like to hear Outkast's "Hey Ya" made into a slow song to appease a dinner crowd who is too busy to notice how raunchy it is. We got a good laugh out of that one.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Summit Lake WI
“Yummy Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We enjoyed the soup of the day and sandwiches. There was so much to choose from, it was hard to decide, but the food was delicious and fairly priced! Perfect location, near the harbor, too!

Visited August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food was average but the service made the difference. Ribs were good but a little sweet. We were there on a Saturday night and it was easy to get a table right away.

Visited August 2013