“Funky place, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Brookings, South Dakota
“Funky place, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Walking into the Greunke's is like going back to a small town, 1960's local bar. The food is good, a "diners, drive-in and dives" type menu, there is lots of it, and reasonably priced. A good place for breakfast, or dinner.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Fun and tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

On our way home from a trip to Madeline Island, we stopped into Greunke's for breakfast. We were not disappointed. My daughters and a friend accompanied me. Two had hot oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar...it was probably the best oatmeal we've ever eaten in a restaurant. My oldest had a cinnamon roll and sausage, again a really tasty choice. I opted for a Ham and Cheese omelet. It was absolutely outstanding. Wish I had one in front of me right now...YUMMERS! Great ambience, lots to look at ... a little quirky. Take note: their sign says "Fine Food" which almost made me skip it, as I figured prices would be high. The prices were very reasonable and I am so glad that we chose to pop in for breakfast, it was a lot of fun! We truly enjoyed the experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Can't go wrong for any meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Breakfast was excellent and great coffee--cup always full! Great service. Interesting atmosphere gives you something to do while you wait. John Kennedy, Jr. stayed in the hotel there and that was very interesting to read about on the wall. Dinner--steak was excellent. Could eat every meal there and never go wrong!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“mixed adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

our waitress was clearly overwhelmed. she seemed confused and was a bit too forthright about being overwhelmed. I loved the setting and the memorabilia. it was fun to just look around. the fish was fairly basic

Visited August 2013
Beaver Dam, WI
“Fun place and the food was good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I liked the setting. Waiter was not real good, but seemed like a nice young man. Just made a few mistakes and luckily we had no where to b because service was really SLOW!!!

Visited August 2013