“Elegant dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Elegant dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

For a special evening out take her back in time to the historic Rittenhouse. The price is not cheap but then neither are the service or food! A dining destination for those who enjoy really great food done right.

Visited August 2014

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wonderful Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Enjoyed dinner and breakfast there. Staff was so friendly and helpful, very knowledgeable about the food. Left stuffed every time!! They even did a cheese and cracker plate for me to take on a sea kayak trip. It was perfect!!

Visited July 2014
Wisconsin
“Very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I ate here while staying elsewhere in Bayfield. Nice spot if you enjoy ornate Victorian ambience and a quiet setting for a romantic dinner. (it's not a "stuffy" atmosphere so don't be afraid to go if you prefer casual dining) You will pay at least $50 per person, but in our case we felt it was worth it. We started with the spinach and hot bacon dressing...delicious...a twist on the bacon dressing which had less vinegar than we usuualy experience. For entrees, Wife had whitefish with couscous and I had the Lamb w/demi-glace and risotto special. I can absolutely say it was the most scrumptious lamb I've ever eaten! Melted in my mouth...the sauce was exquisite! Wife enjoyed her perfectly cooked fish as well. We went with a double chocolate cake and strawberry shortcake for desserts, and thought both were a bit dry for our liking. Desserts were a bit of a letdown after the great meals we had. Server was very friendly and offered us a self-guided tour of some of the vacant rooms. We have no problem recommending this place if you enjoy great food and a memorable experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee
“Best...Breakfast...Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Since we were staying at the Chateau, we got to eat breakfast every morning at the Landmark. All I can say is, breakfast like this is the way to start your day. Two course meal that included 2 different breads and a fruit starter (ranging from cobbler to parfait and more), then great entrees including quiche, French toast, Belgian waffles and the best pancakes I've ever had (Banana Rum). Plus great sides like thick bacon, ham or whitefish (it's Northern Wisconsin ok?). This made for the smallest and latest lunches we've ever had on vacation because we were so full from breakfast. It's not cheap ($16 if you don't stay there), but by far the best breakfast we've ever had. Enjoy!

Visited July 2014
Wis
“Dinner/Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Last minute decision to stay overnight & have dinner Meal of fresh lake trout was the best I have ever eaten & smoked trout salad was delicious. My wife had the filet & it also was outstanding. A little pricey but considering the setting, etc I have nothing but praise. If in the area I highly recommend eating here. the breakfast (complimentary) was equally enjoyable.

• Visited August 2014