“Historic charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jacob Rohrbach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sharpsburg
Jacob Rohrbach Inn
You added Jacob Rohrbach Inn to your Saves list
138 West Main Street, Sharpsburg, MD 21782   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Sharpsburg B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Historic charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2005

One of the very best B&B's we've ever stayed in. Our hostess went out of her way to provide maps and information for our bike ride on the battlefield. Breakfast was indeed elegantly presented around the dining room table of what seemed like a gathering of old friends. Clean, comfortable and cozy wrapped in rich Civil War history.

• Stayed October 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hedgesville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2005

I thought I had written my review right after our stay, but I can't find it, so I must not have done it. But this great B&B deserves every good comment, so here I am, late.
A lovely place for sure, lots of privacy with all the amenities you could want. But what makes it so special is Joanne, the hostess. From the moment you arrive she greets you like a friend she hasn't seen in a long while, with a warmth that is so sincere you never feel she is just doing her job.
She has a special knack for making all the guests feel like they've known each other for years. Five minutes at the breakfast table and everyone is gabbing away like friends gathered for a meal before visiting the battlefield.
She is a marvelous cook, too! Eager to answer questions, offer suggestions.
Not for a moment did we experience that awkwardness one can feel sometimes as a stranger in someone's home.
We stayed in the Clara Barton room. The next time we will book earlier and try to get a room with a larger bed.
And there will be a next time.

• Stayed December 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2005

As a Civil War buff, I recently undertook the trip of a lifetime from the UK to visit a number of battlefields. My wife and I spent time in a number of Inns in various locations and can commend the Jason Rohrbach without hesitation. We experienced a lovely warm welcome from the host, Joanne, who could not have been more helpful about the area and its attractions. We spent the night in the Antietam Room, which was very comfortable, and enjoyed an excellent, beautifully prepared breakfast in the morning.
We will be heading back to this gem just as soon as I can persuade my wife to return to the Civil War trail!

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2005

I just returned from and overnight stay at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn. My friend and I had wonderful cozy accomadations and a excellent breakfast. The innkeepers do indeed treat you like family. I would reccomend this B&B to anyone staying in the area

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Terrific place to stay, especially for the Civil War buff. I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it immensely. Joanne's breakfasts are terrific -- I had to push myself away from the table for fear of not being able to get up if I ate much more. My room, the Clara Barton Room, was just right for me. My wife lets me take one Civil War trip a year, so it's perfect for the single traveler. If you are in to the Civil War, be sure to talk with Joanne and Paul. They have a great knowledge of the area and its history. I plan to stay there again....and again.

• Stayed April 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2004

We stayed here for 3 days this month, our beautifully furnished room, the Jackson Room, had it's own private entrance so we could come and go without going through the house. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful, but not intrusive or overbearing as some can be. We have stayed at over 90 B&B's and the breakfast Joanne served was, if not the best, at least in the top five of all the places we have stayed. We highly recommend the Jacob Rohrbach Inn.

• Stayed September 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2004

My wife and I recently stayed at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn in Sharpsburg, MD. We decided to try this particular B&B because it is located in one of the most historic areas of the United States. As a Civil War enthusiast, I try to visit as many of these important sites as possible. We were very pleasantly surprised. Not only are there many historic places nearby, primarily the Antietam battlefield, but there are many other locations within easy driving distance. The Inn is central to many attractions. We were also very pleasantly surprised by the B&B. The accomodations were excellent, and the food was as good as any we have ever tasted while travelling. Our only regret was that we just had two days to enjoy this wonderful area and B&B. The owners were able to answer any questions we had, and provided us with any information we needed. We can honestly say that they treat you more like family than guests, and we highly recommend the Jacob Rohrbach Inn.

Been to Jacob Rohrbach Inn? Share your experiences!