“Time for a Major Makeover” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Timberfell Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greeneville
Timberfell Lodge
You added Timberfell Lodge to your Saves list
1416 Baileyton Main St., Greeneville, TN 37745   |
Charleston, South Carolina
“Time for a Major Makeover”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I first went to Timberfell two years ago. Within a few hours' arrival I thought I had made a big mistake. I brought a tent and figured, what the heck, I will stay one night then leave. I ended up having a good time, meeting some great folks, and stayed three nights. I have returned several times, sometimes camping, sometimes in one of the guest rooms.

Bottom line: The owners really need to pump some of their vast income back into the place. The pool water was really dirty. An overnight cleaning would easily fix that. The way-overpriced guest rooms are tiny and do not at all look like they were decorated by gay men (more like by trashy housewives). On a crowded weekend, the nasty smell of backed up sewage is all too present in the main drain field (last year sewer water was bubbling up through the lawn).

I just feel that the owners are letting the place slip further and further down. It would not take much to turn the place into a far more welcoming and enjoyable environment. As for me, I doubt I shall be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to Timberfell Lodge? Share your experiences!