“Great buttermilk pancakes from scratch” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Del Rio
Cuisines: American
Calgary
“Great buttermilk pancakes from scratch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The ambiance is plain but there is good food, quick service and a waitress who gets it right the first time. Do you really need anything more?

Visited May 2012

Del Rio, Texas
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Always consistently good, service is very good and friendly. You can always get a hot meal in this restaurant. Easy to get to with ample parking.

Visited August 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Greasy Spoon,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A recent trip to Del Rio, and I decided on Skillet's for breakfast. This used to be the Kettle, and from the looks of the interior, it seems like not much has changed in over 20+ years or so.

My silverware was dirty, which the waitress quickly replaced. My omelette was overcooked, dry, and tough. The shredded hashbrowns were a little greasy, but good. My pancakes were thin, and dry. Coffee was decent, and I was thankful for the caffeine. A small town greasy spoon establishment, yes, but a subpar one.

I spent less than an hour in Skillet's but it was enough time to notice a good cleaning wouldn't hurt the tables, or tableside condiment containers. No one was bussing tables long after customers had left, so if you're looking to travel back in time a few decades, just step into this Skillet's. It wasn't terrible, for a quick bite, service was friendly, but it wouldn't hurt to put a little effort into the overall experience for the customer.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
tulsa, ok
“I felt with a day long upset stomach.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I just wanted a nice American dinner breakfast and Skillet looked like a good candidate. I ordered 2 eggs sunny side up, bacon, hash browns and white toast. I was served my cup of coffee and water as I waited for my meal while I was reading a news paper. All seemed fine. The meal came after a longer than expected interval, thank goodness for the newspaper.

The meal finally came: the white of the eggs were not fully cooked, yuck. The bacon was over cooked, dry and probably like that for quite a while. The hash browns were dry and hard. I have never seen any thing like that. The toast was barely toasted and dry and perhaps even stale. I thought , well I'll put condiments on everything and scarfed it down. As the title says I had and upset stomach and let me tell you I have an iron stomach and upset stomach happens about once a quarter century. I will not be back.

• Visited September 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
W Texas
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

If you need more than the continental spread at your hotel, this is a good choice. Great cafe-style coffee and breakfast at any hour of the day. Reasonable prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere