“The Absolute BEST in Del Rio” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Del Rio
Illinois
“The Absolute BEST in Del Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

With several visits to Del Rio, TX under my belt, there is no other place to stay other than the Hampton Inn and Suites. Manager Patty Garcia and her staff run a very nice Hampton. If there is anything wrong during your stay, they will make sure that it is right.

We have stayed here several times and customer service is wonderful. They remember us each time we visit from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff. There is always a hot breakfast in the morning from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM and there is always coffee available in the lobby and popcorn in the evenings.

Since we were travelling with family this last trip, we asked for connecting rooms. The rooms were huge and the beds were so comfy.

We only had 1 little problem the entire 5 night stay which was not the fault of the hotel or staff. My husband went to get a Coca Cola out of the vending machine and it was dated "Best if used by 02-2010!!! We took the bottle to the front desk and they immediately called the vending service and gave us a new bottle with a good date which we appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JoeyRoss13, Social Media Director at Hampton Inn & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
What a wonderful review!

I'd like to personally extend a note of gratitude to you for taking the time to point out some of our amenities here at the Hapton Inn & Suites of Del Rio. It feels great to know that we have such awesome repeat guests staying with us.

It's thanks to your comments that you see small changes inour businesses. We strive to become a better hotel for you and all of our guests.

Please know that you are appreciated and always welcome at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Del Rio. I hope we'll see you again soon.

With warmest regards,

Joey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I'm a little sad that I have to rate this Hampton Inn as only average, having had such great experiences at other Hampton Inns during a cross-country drive, especially with regards to customer service. But from the moment I walked in, the customer service here was lacking in quality. The desk clerk was on the phone, and while she was very polite to whomever she was speaking to, she didn't even acknowledge me with any eye contact or a nod or some other gesture while I waited at the counter to check in. I stood there a good five minutes, but only when I turned to head to the doors to unload my car did she glance at me and hold up a finger. Not really a good way to greet anyone.

Even after I returned with my bags, the desk clerk spent another ten minutes on the phone. I would have gone elsewhere, but I'd had good stays in Hampton Inns so far, I'd been on the road all day, and I was hoping that this was just a minor glitch. When the desk clerk finally hung up the phone, she didn't apologize, she just kept repeating with some resentment in her voice that she wasn't the usual desk clerk and that they were short-staffed, just as she had said repeatedly to whomever she was talking to on the phone. I'm not picky. A cookie would have made everything fine, but there were no cookies out in the lobby like there are at other Hampton Inns. When I asked the clerk, "No cookies today?" she shot back, "Only on weekday afternoons." Mind you, it was a Friday afternoon. I looked at her, and then she said, "Oh, well, not today." Clearly, she couldn't be bothered to make any effort.

The room itself was fine, and the hotel and grounds clean and well-maintained. Breakfast here was not as good as other Hampton Inns. In the exercise room, the bicycle was not working properly and the TV remote did not work. The towels were bath-sized, too large to use during a workout. Disappointed by this Hampton Inn, but likely will never stay in Del Rio again either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ppg1962, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations of our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of our hotel team.

After reviewing the details of your feedback, I have taken precautionary measures to ensure that all future guests will be treated with customer service and courtesy that will exceed expectations. I regret that you were not aknowledged, with at very least a smile, when you walked in to our hotel. This instance was not handled according to customary procedures and will henceforth be rectified. I have also taken into account your disappointment regarding our free, hot breakfast and fitness room.

Please note that your feedback is a very important element that will move us forward in becoming a better hotel for you and other guests. However unlikely it may be, I hope that if you should ever return to Del Rio, you'd give us the pleasure of showing you just how far above and beyond we can go for you.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites of Del Rio.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Road warrior with at least 4 nights a week in a hotel......all Hilton properties. This is as good as it gets for a small town like Del Rio. Service is always great and friendly. Rooms are clean and up to par for Hampton Inn's.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JoeyRoss13, Social Media Director at Hampton Inn & Suites Del Rio, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I'd like to thank you for the positive feedback in regards to our hotel. Your comments help us to know that we are doing our jobs well and to keep striving to be the best.
We greatly appreciate you staying with us here in Del Rio as well as our other Hilton sister properties.

Thank you for being a valued guest of the Hampton Inn. We hope to see you again soon.
Helotes, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This Hampton is my preferred hotel when staying in Del Rio on business. The grounds and rooms are well kept. A comfortable bed and clean room are the most important criteria for me since I travel somewhat frequently and this hotel fits the bill. If you want a little more space for work and a microwave and fridge ask for a suite which is around $10.00 more per night. The entire staff is always very friendly. Great place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for a wonderful review!

I'm glad to see that our guests are enjoying our personable staff members and well kept grounds. We strive to put our best foot forward and give the best service possible to our guests,

Thank you for mentioning our uppgraded rooms for those guests who need a bit more space for families, work, or just lounging.

I hope you'll allow us the privelege of serving you once again. Have a great day!
Murcia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was the 19th hotel on our recent month-long trip. Many of these were Hamptons and this was not the best. No recognition of our Diamond status (water and snack). We got water when we asked for it, given with little grace.

Our 2xbed room was too small for the furniture in it (which did not included fridge, microwave or safe) and there were noise issues. Someone was moving about early in the morning and it was as if they were right above us, despite our room being on the top floor. Like so many of these places, it was built on the cheap, an example being the closet door was screwed directly into the wall and would not stay closed.

Because of the size and layout of the room, it was not possible to get past the office chair when in use without clambering over the bed.

We did not try the included breakfast but it looked OK.

Del Rio is a busy border town (except for its downtown, which was desolate) we won't be rushing back though the Hampton Inn may be the best place to stay, maybe?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The hotel was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is good and convenient to the main strip in town. The elevator is a little slow but otherwise there were no issues at all. The breakfast bar was very well stocked and clean. I would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn in Del Rio if you need a place to stay on your way to Big Bend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was did not think I would be able to find a nice area nor a nice hotel in the city. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The staff has been very helpful and I would only recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Great location and nice accommodations.