“Fun getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Saipan
Moreno Valley, California
“Fun getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here for couple of days and we had a great time. The water park itself was an entertainment for the kids (ages 11, 12 and 15) and for us adults as well. There are multiple big slides, lazy river, jungle wave and kiddie splash pool for the little ones. They have 2 regular good sized pool and Jacuzzi. The Jacuzzi was a bit dirty that night so I passed on that one. The rest of the water park was very clean and well maintained. Staffs were consistently friendly, accommodating and attentive. Lifeguards are everywhere; they are strict to no running; firm but I have not heard them to be rude or overbearing.

Snack bar by the water park was average as far as the price, portion and taste but quick to serve. Servers were friendly as well.

Our room was very comfortable and spacious. Easily fits a family of 5 with 3 teens; equipped with 2 full beds and a futon couch that turns into a single bed. Patio is also roomy with table and chairs overlooking the pool and beach. The bathroom could be bigger but it was clean, well equipped and served its purpose without issues. I particularly enjoyed the complimentary shiseido bath products. We requested for extra towels, extra pillows and blankets; we were accommodated swiftly without extra fee.

You can use their computer/internet in the lobby for free but they also have free wifi access for hotel guest. It was particularly fast - the teens did not complain.

Overall, this resort is a fun weekend getaway venue for us -

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Saipan, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I live here on Saipan , So I am very biased ... I love this place
The Wave Jungle is a deal that can not be beaten here on saipan .. Enjoy , the day .. with your family and friends .. get poolside early to stake out your prefered location among the recliners /loungers .. The choice spots Go FAST ... Very Fast .. Send an Adult down to corral your spot for the entire day ... excellent staff .. As always around water .. BE ALERT to your Childrens SAFETY... CPR and First Aid ,, are Used after A Problem ..STAY ALERT and avoid The problems .. All in All a great day .. Enjoy The Buffet lunch .. and a nice after lunch nap poolside ..

Room Tip: I am SORRY , But I sleep at Home ..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Amazing hotel! Great services! Beautiful rooms! Nice water park!
First of all, The rooms are gorgeous! We stayed in a room that had everything blue and white. The beds: blue and white. The walls: Blue and white. and everything else. Lovely room. The people were pretty nice, too. The water park was amazing! The kids loved it and we enjoyed it, too. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
saipan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have entered world resort many many times in the past. I enjoy the food and the water park at this hotel with my family on many occasions. Although, I must say, this time around, I did not get the same wonderful feeling I normally would. I must say that it all has to deal with customer service. You want to run a beautiful friendly business, customer service must be top priority. I wont say that everyone rubbed me the wrong way, but rather one person in particular. I assume he is your Russian interpreter by the name of Jeome? To cut things short, he was very rude & honestly came across as some racist. Id recommend the resort for its beauty and whatnot, but when it comes to customer service particularly from that fellow staff member, Id say: "RUN AWAY!!"

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Travel Dates: Oct. 21 to 25th 2012. This is off season and the hotel was at 60% occupancy. It was great since there was no fighting over beach chairs and no lines at the water park. Excellent time to travel.

Guest Description: Family (one child, daughter 10 years old). Other guests were mainly Korean, some Japanese, and Russian. I think I was the only American there, but I hear this changes in the summer months when more locals use the Water Park.

Rooms: The rooms were average, but clean. For us not such a big problem since we wanted to spend more time at the pool and water park. Amenities are severely lacking. No toothbrushes at first. No shaving kit. No bathrobes.

Food: We traveled from Japan, and in my opinion, the food in Japan is world class. Therefore, the food at the hotel basically sucked. The hotel is Korean owned so it caters more to Koreans and therefore the food is more Korean style. If you think you can get by on Pepe's (the Italian restaurant in the hotel), forget it. There were no guests in the restaurant and after looking at the menu, they only had one pasta dish. Also be aware: NO Room service.

Food Tips:

A. If you are looking for major names such as Hard Rock Cafe, Tony Roma's, Capricciosa, etc... take the DFS bus (10 minute ride) to the shopping area.

B. If you want something close to the hotel you have a few choices:

1. Truongs: A Vietnamese restaurant that serves Asian Food. The Lumpia is excellent and portions are quite generous. Steaks are also available. Cost: we spent about $50 for the 3 of us. To get there, you walk out the hotel, turn right and it is next door to the hotel on the main road.

2. Inside the super market, they have a deli type cafe. Locals go there and they have various dishes, rotisserie chicken, sandwiches, etc... May not be open later in the evenings or weekends. Cheap price.

3. Gentle Brook Cafe: Across from the hotel you will see a building with a 360 at the top. That is a restaurant that rotates 360 degrees. The food there seems to be ok, but we went to a place on the 1st floor of that building. According to friends who went up to 360, they said that Gentle Brook was better and cheaper. Anyway, Gentle Brook has a variety of foods. Steaks, Pasta, Mexican, etc... Quite spacious, and again about $50 for 3. One of the chefs (I think owner) is Japanese so the taste is quite good. Please don't think this is gourmet level, but the food is decent. One thing to be careful of is, that there is no lighting on the street to get to the building.

4. There are other places to eat along the main road, but we didn't try them.

Hotel Staff: Here I need to break this up into 2 parts. The regular hotel staff and the Life Guards at the pools and water slides.

A. Regular Staff: Adequate, nothing special. Actually quite a let-down. When one is on holiday, you would expect the staff the at least greet you or help you out as quickly as possible.

B. Life Guards: They ROCK!!! Really friendly, outgoing, helpful, etc... Everything you would expect from a resort and more. They play with the kids, and make sure you have a fun time. The hotel should have a tip box just for the Life Guards, since they all were a great bunch of guys.

Water Park and Pools: Open from 9AM to 6PM, with a one hour lunch break for the slides and river pool. The Castle Pool is OPEN until 11PM!!!

The hotel has 2 regular pools, a Kiddie Pool (which was just finished when we got there), the Wave Pool, the river type pool with a current, 4 types of water slides.

The water park was the BEST part of the hotel. The Life Guards were friendly, fun, and basically made the whole resort. If you are not going to use the water park, then stay at another hotel, since I am sure the food and regular staff will be better else where.

Shopping: The shops in the hotel stay open till 12 midnight. Across the street you have Ace Hardware, a book store, and Joetson Supermarket (they also have clothes, shoes, etc... Kind of like a K-mart).

DFS is a 10 minute bus ride. Near DFS you have small shops as well as an ABC Store and another larger souvenir shop.

WIFI: They have two free WIFI lines. In the lobby and in the rooms. Both are kinda slow, but not bad for checking emails or Facebook.

Summary: Recommended for families with children who plan on spending most of their holiday at the pools and water park. If the water park is only a small part of your holiday, you may want to look into other hotels as well.

Tips: Our check out was at 12 Noon with a 2pm bus to the airport. For $20 + 10% tax, you can get a late check out of 1:30 and prices go up for later check outs. Next time I will do this and stay in the pool until the last moment. Be aware, food prices at the airport are crazy.

Please remember that we were there off season. The above comments could be different depending on the season and hotel occupancy rate.

Also I hear that taking a short trip to a close by island for snorkeling is very good, and on Thursdays they have the weekly market with lots of cheap food stalls. You can ask the hotel staff about these, but better to talk to the Life Guards who are more friendly and informative.

Also I hear that the spa, gym, and massages are good, but have not tried them.

Room Tip: Looked like all the rooms were ocean view, but higher floors will give a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Saipan, Mariana Islands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We decided to give this hotel another try after an awful experience with customer service almost two years ago. To make things short, just like our stay here, we checked in and went to our rooms to drop the bags. We went straight for the waterpark, main reason why we chose this hotel, only to find that the kids pool and kids water-playground were under construction!

I checked in with my kids in tow, yet they didn't bother to mention the renovation. We walked right back to the front desk and checked out.

Good to see, though, that the rooms are still in good condition. However, this time the TV wasn't flat screen, it was an old tube type tv.

Room Tip: Choose the high floors, all have ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visited the World Resort Water Park in July 2012, not very big park and the pictures advertising it are misleading to it's actual size. My wife and I went as she'd never actually been to a water park, I'd been to several and knew what to expect. When we got there and went inside we had a look about which took less than five minutes. The lunch we had at the resort was very nice, lots of choices, but they could do with replacing the carpet in the restaurant as it smelled of pee. The water park is very small, but the four flumes / slides that they do have are quite good. There's more to do at this park for children, but I certainly wouldn't advise adults to expect too much unless your just going there to relax and for your children to have a good time.

Room Tip: Didn't actually stay in any of the rooms at the World Resort, just visited the water park there...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Saipan World Resort? Share your experiences!