“Not modern but relaxing resort ” 4 of 5 stars

Aqua Resort Club Saipan
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 500009, Achugao, 96950, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Saipan
Tokyo
“Not modern but relaxing resort ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Their lobby and pool was great. Drink price at the poolside bar was surprisingly reasonable too.
The cottage looked outdated, the beds were smaller.
Breakfast was standard but had a nice ocean view. Beach was quiet and private though covered with black sea cucumbers.

If looking for a quiet holiday by the poolside, this place is perfect.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Saipan, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Aqua Resort was once known for having the best gourmet food on island and having quaint cottage style rooms, all right on the ocean. The food has gone downhill substantially the last few years, and it looks like it's been many years since they have renovated or remodeled anything. For the price, I think you would probably do much better at one of the other hotels on the island. Not to mention that it is quite a ways away from all the restaurants and shopping, so you have an expensive taxi ride every time you go anywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Guam, Mariana Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been here for 4 hours and I want to go home! What a huge disappointment. I stayed here about 7 years ago and It was good, oh how times have changed. The rooms are dated and shabby. The beds are tiny and hard as a stone slab. The food at the restaurant is horrible.
I asked if the two single beds could be pushed together (my husband could not fit in one) and I was met with a blank stare. Then I asked for a bed for my 5 year old and they said no, they only had cribs. I asked where he was supposed to sleep and they said with us! Finally they offered us a cot at 57.00 a night extra...which I paid gladly so he would not have to sleep on the floor. I should say my 5 year old got the best part of the deal...the cot is newer and more comfortable than the bed.
The staff are quick with a hollow "Im sorry" accompanied with a plastic smile but no help at all. My recomendation is to bypass this hotel. Its not a vacation its an aggervation. Now I am off to the pool bar to wait 10 minutes to get a cocktail...God, I cant wait to get home.

• Stayed September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we made the reservation, it was suppose to be a very good hotel so we had some expectations but not sky high. First of all, the hotel doesnt take guests to and from the airport, so dont expect that. Although their webpage said that all their rooms have a oceanview, our room was ofcourse with a view of a boring field and could see nothing of the ocean. Eager to see the beautiful beach, again struck by disappointment as there was no beach but just sharp rocks. In our room the toilet door was broken and didnt close properly, problems with shower, too. Overall the hotel felt a bit old with and run down. To go on, wireless internet reception in our room was close to zero. I called the staff and there was nothing they could do about it. During the week, when i asked for directions, food etc, sometime I would be answered "I dont know" , very surprising and I was a bit shocked. Later I understood that reception staff are NOT professionals but management students who are sometimes lacking motivation or service skills. We consistently i felt that persons working at the hotel was unmotivated and not service minded at all. To make matters worse, the breakfast was the biggest low point. It is not included and a continental breakfast will cost $20. For that price you get close to nothing, one of the smallest buffees ever. I got the feeling they have a strategy to not refill empty items until someone ask for it to save money. As some one else wrote ( i should have taken his advice) they only give two bottles of water for the entire week, ridiculous. Restaurants etc are also a long bus ride away. Lots of complaints, and I will never use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Dont stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely swimming pool, very comfortable room set in beautiful garden, beach right out front, Happy Hour every day with local entertainment, two eating places to choose from within the resort. We chose a Garden View room but there were other lower price rooms available also. We went scuba diving with Aquasmith. Our diving guide, Patrick, a local Chamorro, was wonderful. With many dive companies to choose from we opted for an English speaking guide. We hired a car one day to visit all the old war sites. A fantastic place and very beautiful.Airfares from Japan (where we were livin) were reasonable and made this an affordable holiday. The airfares would have been much dearer from Australia.

Room Tip: Garden View were lovely with good location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised by how inflexible the hotel is.
The hotel only provides 2 bottles of mineral water regardless of how long your stay is. Am I staying at a motel? I thought that was ridiculous, given how much were paying per night.
Also when we wanted to eat lunch instead of breakfast, the hotel didn't allow us because the coupon was only applicable for breakfast. No offense, but the hotel′s restaurant is not packed. Plus the lunch buffet is cheaper than the breakfast hotel. Had a hard time to understand their logic.
This hotel needs to learn what hospitality is from a better hotel operator.

• Stayed April 2013
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a beautiful property on a quiet pleasant beach with great ocean views, attractive pool and lobby, and clean large comfortable rooms. It would be a five-star property with some badly needed upgrading, improved dining and bar options, and non-smoking status. The room features the latest in 1974 amenities, including an analog clock and radio built in to the nightstand, a CRT TV, and twin-ish sized beds. The place does have a timeless kind of charm, though, and is clearly trying hard. Staff is friendly and cleanliness is outstanding.

Room Tip: ocean views and second floor highly recommended. Car essential if not part of a tour group.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Resort Club Saipan? Share your experiences!