“If you are looking for service, this is not the place!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Nectar Saipan Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saipan
Nectar Saipan Hotel & Spa
Save Saved
You added Nectar Saipan Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 5152 CHRB | (Under reconstruction until 2012), 96950, Mariana Islands   |
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Saipan
Mie Prefecture
“If you are looking for service, this is not the place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

From the moment I spoke to the staff, on the phone, about changing our reservation I thought there was a problem. Our travel agent booked 3 rooms for us, 2, 2, and 3. I called because their are 5 people in my family plus the grandparents. I inquired about 1 larger suite instead of splitting up my family. I asked what was the difference in price to upgrade to a Junior suite. She said "I don't know sir" I asked " what are the separate room charges and how much for the J.S.? $240 (2ppl), $290 (3ppl) and $700 (J.S.) So I said that means a difference of $170 a night, yes sir.

Now, keep in mind that we are staying in the 2nd most expensive room in this hotel for 4 nights.

We arrived at 3am, coming from Japan, went up to the room, beautiful inside I thought. But there were only 2 of everything! Tooth brushes, towels, bath robes and bottled water! So I went down to the lobby to get extra goods. 1st I was told that I would have to wait until 5am because nobody from house keeping was on duty, then I asked for a vending machine because I wanted some drinks, "sorry sir, no vending machines here, the stores open at 9am" Bottled water, house keeping.
Back to the room, nice 2 twin beds, I go to open the pull out couch, (which I confirmed they had) but it didn't pull out! A regular couch! So back down to the lobby again! I was told they don't have pull out couches, seems they didn't understand my Canadian English. Was told to wait until , yep, 5am for house keeping!

In the morning, went to look out the balcony to see our oceanview. Doors didn't open, oceanview from inside the room, took 2 days to open.
Air conditioner barely worked as I had to keep it at 20 all day.
Called down to the front desk numerous times during our stay, half the time nobody picked up or when they did I had a hard time explaining my self, in English!

The BBQ dinner and show was great! Breakfast was good and reasonable. The pool and beach was beautiful. The Sunset Cruise office in the lobby were fantastic! Strongly reccomend the cruise!

One day left our room around 10:30am, came back at 2pm, room still hadn't been cleaned. Complained to the front staff, asked to speak to the Manager. Spoke with the assistant Mgr, he listened and we chatted for an hour. He also called to make sure the room was getting done. Went up at 3:10pm, 3 women still cleaning! 15mins later finally finished. ( The Assistant Mgr did send up a fruit basket to our and GP's rooms that night)

As we were leaving at 5am, I called down at 12am and said we were checking out, what was our final charge. They told me $973.00 (close to it) I said, okay my wife is coming down to pay. When she came back she paid $1025.00! Why I asked, They forgot to charge us for the extra bed the first time when I called down.

In a nut shell, nice room (but hard beds), beautiful pool, BBQ dinner/show and beach. Sunset Cruise fantastic! A bit far from downtown, nothing within walking distance. If you only speak English, good luck. The staff were always smiling, but I think it's fake!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Guam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We had a great stay at the hotel. It is now called the Palms Resort. All rooms are ocean front and terraced. The rate for the hotel included breakfast each morning. It was not the normal fare of a continental breakfast of rolls and juice. But real food and plenty of it.

The observatory is on a schedule based upon when an astrologer can be there. We just missed him. That would have been a fun treat to experience.

We had one complaint, although. The Japanese (asian bed) were very hard. I told them about it and they put a pad on the bed but it did not help. So I used the cushions from the love seat which worked pretty good. I would say if you are not used to that kind of bed, bring a camping pad.

But beyond that it was wonderful. We are already talking about going back and hopefully to the same rates.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Nectar Saipan Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!