1. RATS: I rented 2 rooms for 4 nights. In room 210, we could hear chewing above the bathroom ceiling day & night. We saw a rat run into a hole to the right of the top step before arriving on the 4th floor to enter the diving gear wash room. We also saw rat droppings. We notified the Bureau of Environmental Health @ Phone: (670) 664-4870/2/
2. BEEPING SMOKE DETECTORS: The hotel is using smoke detectors similar to the kind used in homes in the USA. The low battery beeping sound is very annoying. There were several alarms beeping on each floor. It was hard to sleep with that all that beeping.
The things I liked about this hotel were:
1. Courteous staff who spoke English
2. Clean & comfortable room, except for issues mentioned above
3. Kitchenette in "Superior Room"
4. Having a grocery on 1st floor was convenient
5. Wash room for diving gear is a great convenience
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Himawari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.