“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B Star

B Star
127 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94110 (The Richmond)
415-933-9900
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
B Star is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 5,005 Restaurants in San Francisco
Transit: 38 Geary, 33 Balboa, 2 Clement, 1 California
Connecticut
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

From the moment we sat down and were treated to the lotus chips until we left, we were oohing and aahing. I loved my tea leaf salad. It was so unusual and tasty. I'd highly recommend this restaurant and would recommend reservations as it was quite busy.

• Visited May 2013

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were originally planning to go to the renowned restaurant next door, but it was full. Now I don't even remember the name of it. But will never forget B Star. We ordered a lot of things here and everything we had was delicious. I think of it often. All of it.

• Visited May 2012
San Francisco, CA
“One of my favorites on Clement Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I always wonder why people wait at Burma Star for hours when you can make reservations and usually get seated pretty promptly even without reservations at their sister restaurant B Star. We often go here just for the Brussels sprouts which are fried until crispy with rice puffs, light fish sauce and surprise ingredient shredded Parmesan cheese! Best Brussels sprout dish since SPQR stopped making theirs after the chef changed. Tom likes their pumpkin curry dish. We always get the paratha. Lunch choices combos are well priced and excellent (soup, main course, side). I good introduction for people not familiar with Burmese food.

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Never had burmese food before this, but it was pretty good. The decor and ambience is casual and a great place to go eat with friends.

They may be a victim of their own success as it took about an hour before we could be seated but they were very courteous and took our cell phone number so we can go to a neighboring bar to wait until a table opened.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food! Fresh, fast, and surprising (but not odd) flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I took my two local hosts to B Star Bar since I wanted to introduce them to somewhere new. Trip Advisor was spot on again! We ordered a total of 10 appetizers for three people and walked out very happy for about $100. I'd read some reviews online so tried the Brussel Sprouts in our first wave; wow! Great textures and flavors! Even though one person was against them walking in, we ordered a second Brussel Sprouts plate in our second wave. The rest of our first wave of small plates included: duck lettuce cups - very good, tuna cerviche - very good but a small portion, calamari - also good but didn't seem grilled. Second wave: sticky finger mini ribs - very good with an excellent sauce, pork tacos - excellent mango and tomato salsa, chicken satay - excellent with a cucumber yogurt sauce. Even though we thought we were done, we tried the black rice pudding for dessert and really liked that too. It's a little reserved, but sweet and tasty. Next time I'll order it with an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream. Overall excellent food and a great experience; we walked out full but not stuffed...and talking about what to order when we go back.

• Visited February 2013