“Delicious! And worth the wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dessert
Monmouth, Illinois
“Delicious! And worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband, 5 year old son, and I drove by a couple of times to see a HUGE line! We definitely knew we wanted to try it, so the night before we were to leave SF, we bit the bullet and decided to go and wait in line. However, when we got there, the line was the shortest we had seen. We waited in line for less than 15 minutes, and it would have been worth the wait had we waited an hour! I got the strawberry balsamic, coffee toffee, and salted caramel. My husband got a delicious sundae with the snickerdoodle ice cream. My son got plain-Jane chocolate. All of it was GOOOOOD! I definitely recommend going and waiting in line! Had we not had our 5 year old with us, we would definitely have waited in line the first time we drove by and gone back every night after that!

• Visited September 2012

Sacramento
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

One of our favorite places in San Francisco to stop for a treat. The ice cream rocks and you'll find a number of other treats. Tough to find parking but worth the effort.

• Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Salted caramel ice cream-YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Be prepared to stand in line, even in fog. It is worth it! Amazing! The ice cream sandwiches are luscious. Take a quart and go home and indulge-

Visited May 2012
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Very good ice cream. Very friendly staff. They have very unusual combination,(I had the strawberry, basalmic vinegar.) some of the other flavors sounded really good too. We were warned that the line could be long, but we only had to wait 10 minutes, maybe. There are some nice resturants around, so the parking is scarce.
I would put it on my list of land marks to try.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Non ice cream lover converted! I see the light!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

For someone that never craves ice cream, holy awesome ice cream, Batman! I got a small scoop (two small scoops) of salted caramel (best ice cream I've ever had) and balsamic strawberry (still good, but forgettable compared to it's counterpart). I ended up going back for a pint of salted caramel because after i finished it, my taste buds were bugging me to get some more. Um, that never happens, I'm not a huge ice cream lover! Well, until now!

A reviewer on here described salted caramel as having a slight burnt taste somewhere in those multitudes of yummy layers. And he/she was so right! I could totally taste it. Salty, sweet, creamy, and the slight burnt flavor that added such dimension to the ice cream. Fabulous. I can't imagine how ice cream lovers can keep away from this place!

• Visited September 2012