Marina Motel was everything we needed in San Francisco. It is located at the Presidio end of Lombard Street, around the corner from many shops, bakeries and restaurants in Chestnut Street. All the units are upstairs, with garages under, and it it built around courtyards planted with beautiful flowering shrubs, a really lovely setting. The welcome is super friendly, and helpful, it is outstandingly clean and units roomy. Free wi fi, reasonable tariff and about a $10 taxi fare to most of what you want to do in San Fran makes this place ideal. There is no air conditioning, and we were there on very warm days, the windows open wide and you can get good air flow but it means you do get a little road noise (considering how busy Lombard Street is, Marina Motel is very quiet). Our friends also booked and stayed here with us (in another unit) and they too were extremely impressed. I highly recommend Marina Motel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco