Our family stayed here for two nights in May. SF had a little heat wave going on that weekend. The check in was fast and very pleasant. Cookies at the desk make for a nice welcome. We stayed in the two room w/ two queen beds suite, which is right on Lombard Street. The main room was average size, the back room is very small, accommodating a bed and 2 side tables. It has a small window. The main room has 2 large windows overlooking Lombard, a dresser, metal frame bed (Headboard was loose and banged against the wall. Our son put a pillow between it and the wall to stop the noise), and bedside table. There is a flat screen TV. The shower is a stall, very small and bath has a window. Thankfully, new windows had been recently installed and the noise was considerable reduced when they were closed. They need to put room darkening shades in the back bedroom. It was a very nice place. The courtyard is absolutely beautiful. People were generally respectful and quite by 11pm. We would recommend this place because of the value for these accomodations. Our garage was on Lombard at the lights and required someone's assistance backing out to be sure traffic wasn't coming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco