We stayed here as a couple for three nights in March 2013. We originally booked this as the rest of San Fran was just too expensive (there was a medical conference on that booked out most of the rooms in SF!) I had read a few negative reviews beforehand but have to say the motel was great and had everything we wanted : Free parking, ample bathroom, fridge, tea/coffee facilities, TV, and pleasant court yard garden. The location is great as its on the US101, minutes drive from the Marina. It was handy having a Walgreens (mini market and pharmacy) few doors down for supplies. Plenty of food options/diners around too. Staff were friendly too. Please note this a motel and not a hotel so it is a bit dated however clean and decent. Tips: ask for a courtyard facing room not main road facing, to avoid noise and parking in a garage on the main road.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel
- Marina Motel San Francisco
- Marina Hotel San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hotel in San Francisco, California Founded by the son of a Calfornia Gold Rush miner, the Marina Motel was built to celebrate the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge in the late 1930's. Designed as one of San Francisco’s first “motor-hotels” for the dawning of the automobile age, each room in this quaint Mediterranean-style motel has a private garage beneath the rooms, (courtyard garages are subject to size restrictions so guest are directed by the front desk to choose a garage that best fits their vehicle). Our 36 guestrooms and three suites are uniquely decorated with warm, stylish touches to make you feel at home. Our quaint courtyard, surrounded by colorful cascading flowers and a cobblestone driveway, offers a relaxing place to chat with friends. Flower boxes overflowing with fragrant blossoms adorn the windows adding European cottage charm. San Francisco’s top attractions are located within walking distance or a short bus ride from the Marina Motel The Marina Motel is still family-owned and operated today by the original owner’s granddaughter. For the past 70 years the Marina Motel has provided a beautiful and friendly place to stay while visiting San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Marina Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.