“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District

You added Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District to your Saves list
Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1940 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA 94123 (Formerly Ramada Limited San Francisco/By the Bay) (Marina)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #204 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I loved how friendly and considerate the workers there were (hosts), made me feel very safe since this was my first trip ever to San Francisco. Will definitely consider this place again for next AGU conference. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I didn't grow up in the best of places, so I've learned to appreciate value. I paid a little over $300 through a website for a WHOLE week. Aesthetically it isn't the best, but it's not like it's the worst. They keep it clean to say the least. If you think about it, you're in CALIFORNIA! Why should you spend your whole vacation in your room critiquing the dang place? The main time I was there was at night. I would wind down, take a HOT shower, watch cartoons :) , talk and joke around with the company I had. Every morning the staff was out cleaning the rooms, and every morning my trash bins were empty and I had clean towels. Overall, I saved a fortune, I was close to the wharf, close to the coast by the golden gate, close to everything. I would wake up and just walk! I walked MILES in California. Worth every painful step in my horrible choice in Vans that I brought on my trip! When I was toasty, the air condition worked. When I was cold, the heater worked. I really couldn't have asked for anything more. I had one of the best vacations I've ever had. I did bring my own bed cover, sheets, and pillow cases, but that's just my own freak cleanliness thing i have going on. No bed bugs, no bites ... all smiles!

• Stayed November 2014
Vino P, Manager at Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you so much we really do appreciate the time you took to share your experience. We do our best to keep it clean and comfortable. We hope if you come back to visit, you stay with us! Thanks again!
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Worst hotel experience ever . My wife is covered in bed bug bites (40+) .by the time we figured out what was happening and told the staff : they seemed completely indifferent to our plight offering us $25 off of our $740 three night bill . Eventually refunded $50 and offered room next door for our last night. would not stay here again on a bet. Rooms are dark , dated and in poor repair. Breakfast area was poorly stocked cramped and oppressively hot . Service was poor .

Room Tip: Would avoid this place entirely
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Vino P, Manager at Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District, responded to this review, October 31, 2014
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered when you stayed with us, we are a good clean hotel, We do our best to provide this atmosphere, We understand that everyone has a level of comfort and we hope that you found accommodations to fit your needs. If we have any issues with rooms or guests we do our best to take care of the situation. Again we apologize and thank you for the feedback.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014 via mobile

Quick and easy three day stay on busy Lombard. Bed was decent, front desk was friendly, clean towels every morning.
You get what you pay for. This is nothing fancy but we enjoyed our stay. Coffee, Danish an cereal every morning. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for the business!
Matlock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I wouldn't have wanted to stay for more than one night. The carpet was unclean and the towels were disgraceful!! They were grey and worn and the bath/shower mat was a towel torn in half!
The bed was clean but the room is drab and unwelcoming and the access up the stairs to the side of the hotel leads straight off the street and is shabby.
The road is noisy too.
I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here really. It is noisy from the road but our room was at the fron...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Jyoti P, Manager at Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
We thank you for your feedback, we have recently changed this hotel and are still in the midst of some upgrades. We understand everyone has a level of comfort and if it is brought to our attention we would have gladly replace your towels. We are sorry if this caused you any inconvenience.

Been to Howard Johnson San Francisco Marina District? Share your experiences!