“Out standing service in an adiquite hotel” 3 of 5 stars

You added Edwardian San Francisco Hotel to your Saves list
Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1668 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Ranked #147 of 235 Hotels in San Francisco
“Out standing service in an adiquite hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Room very small and the initial room we had was noisy. However when we mentioned this we were moved. Darren and Ellen, the receptionists were wonderful. Giving us great recommendations and outstanding service.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had never stayed here before but my brother and his wife had and loved it. It was our first trip to San Francisco and wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised to learn our room had a jacuzzi tub (seriously I could have stayed in it for the entirety of the trip!). The majority of the front desk clerks were amazing (especially Darren) some were not as knowledgable as others.
Finding a safe place to park to unload luggage near by was a challenge. There was a lot of crazy homeless people in the neighbourhood - but not one of them bothered us.... The location was great! There were so many amazing restaurants to eat at near by. As for the water in the shower - it's an old building you have to let it run for a few minutes before you hop in.
If you are looking for a place to stay with a little character and some great staff, stay here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask about the beds! Ours was a double not a queen.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Given that the word "hotel" is in the name, we thought it would have a little more stuff.
Our room was small, the window didn't close properly, it had no A/C (and it was extremely hot at the time), we had a problem with the shower heating up and the price was a little salty for everything said earlier.
The upside is the staff. They're awesome! Providing helpful tips and information about where we could get tickets and where we should visit. The location is also good, being in the end of market street but right in front of a bus stop.

Stayed May 2014
Brighton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Ok so the area on market St is a little dodgy but it's not dangerous. Don't let it put you off as this is a great little hotel with good rates for what you get.
The staff I encountered a lovely lady and Darren were both super friendly and helpful.
The old style lift is fun! This is an old building, recently renovated, I don't have an issue with that.
My room was small but spotless, en suite and had a comfortable clean bed, tv, etc.
What more do you need? You don't come to SF to hang out in a hotel room.
I walked from here to union square, Lombard st, fisherman wharf and the Embarcadero.
I would come here again
Recommended

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I thought the location was fine, the tram stopped right outside so was easy to get to the Harbour area, and you could walk to Union Square. I think the homeless etc put guests off walking up Market Street, but a lot dont come anywhere near you so dont let that put you off! We walked most places/local transport.
The hotel was well decorated and had this quirky old fashioned lift, but you would only use it to get your bags to your room, its easy enough to use the stairs!
Our room was clean and for the prices usually paid in San Fran, I suppose it was a treat how nicely decorated it was. They are small though, so a couple/three nights is enough.
there is a fire smell sometimes when opening the windw - but I only had it once for about 30mins. I shut the window and our room wasnt even that warm anyway. Plus if you're going to be out all day I doubt it matters - I never smelt the fire burning in the afternoons/evenings.
Darren on reception was very helpful in explaining where everythng was and just generally nice to speak too!!
I do think this place is for groups of friends/ young couples.

jerusalem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for three nights but unfortunately left our booking to the last minute so ending up getting their last room. It was not half as nice as the photos (though i think some of the other rooms were lovely) and we had a bathroom and toilet just outside our room which was annoying. I think the other rooms have en suites. The room was small and cupboard like but in a crazy expensive city like SF, it was ok value for money. The people on the front desk were lovely and friendly - especially Darren - who gave us a tonne of advice on things to do in SF. We didn't like the location though. It's on the edge of mission and has A LOT of weird homeless people hanging around. On the first night we didn't feel safe at all but the locals convinced us they are a nuisance and not actually dangerous. Still, it's not such a nice vibe. Would have stayed around fisherman's wharf if I could do it again.

Room Tip: Book early!
Santa Rosa, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We thought this would be a good hotel based on what we saw at their website. Don't believe it. From the first it was impossible to stop in front of the hotel and offload luggage. The parking lot was across the street down an alley you also would never find on your own.

Then when we get to the desk they tell us we have a "European" room which means the bathroom is across the hall. I have traveled to Europe many times and have never had a room like that. Needless to say we refused the room and were then told they had a room with the bathroom in it although that room had only two twin beds. My wife and I were in the city to celebrate our 60th birthdays so sleeping Ozzie and Harriet style across from each other was less than romantic.

The room had no ventilation. The window if opened brought in a huge smell of the wood stoves at the Zuni Cafe next door so you had to make a choice...either sleep in a stuffy room or open the window and sleep as if next to a campfire all night.

The topper? When I went to take a shower in the morning there was no hot water! I have traveled all over the world and have only experienced this on a remote island.

Room Tip: Forget it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Edwardian San Francisco Hotel? Share your experiences!