“Great trip! Great service!” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great trip! Great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely time with my boyfriend here. Despite being In a new city, we found ourselves spending a lot of time in the hotel itself. Amber at the bar provided great service and some helpful tips about the city.

• Stayed March 2014
Hi Michela,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad Amber mixed you both something to keep coming back for! If you need a few recommendations, let us connect you with our Insider, Gordon. He'd be glad to show you a few of his favorite spots.

Until next time,
Alexa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed at the W for a weekend break, the location was ideal for what I wanted to do. Before arriving I requested a room with a view due to construction and I got what I wanted. Gym slightly disappointing but not a opinion tipper. The only problem could've been is the weathered nature the hotel seems to have due to the vast amount of people it deals in. Also final note, don't expect anything to be free or cheap!!

Stayed July 2014
Hello!

We're a great spot to escape to! We are always glad to deliver anything you need. Just ask! We do have a bit of construction going on around us, but the view of the Bay Bridge is always a beautiful one. We just finished renovation our gym, FIT, and should be ready to welcome you during your next visit.

See you soon,
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the W San Francisco. The hotel staff was top notch, the bar area was fun and drinks were amazing. My room was very clean and modern. I love the Bliss amenities in the bathroom. Though the gym was under construction, there was a temporary gym that worked for me, the machines were very clean and there were complimentary waters, towels and apples, which was a nice bonus. The bed was very comfortable and there was no city noise on the 28th floor. I would recommend a room away from the elevator, if you are a light sleeper, but it is nothing a small pair of earplugs couldn't fix, as I didn't feel like asking to move after being completely unpacked. I would definitely stay at the W again! Very close to the Convention Center and tons of restaurants and coffee shops.

Hi Allison,

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are the perfect spot for exploring everything San Francisco has to offer. If you need some recommendations, meet our Insider, Gordon. He'd be glad to show you around the city. We'll see you soon!

Larchmont, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The location worked very well but I picked the hotel due to a decent rate in the Starwood program. There is construction on the gym and around the hotel but the staff was kind enough to ask if I wanted my upgraded room with a wonderful view but on the construction side or a standard room. Was traveling on business so went for standard room on high floor and had no issue with noise. The bar scene makes me feel old but generally the staff was on top of checkin and my simple room service orders (scrambled eggs and bacon) were very quick (not sure if worth $30 but that is typical room service issue).

Would come again and hope that gym is fixed and rest of street construction gone...

Hi there!

We are handling the surrounding construction as best we can. The noise is hardly noticeable and doesn't pick up until around 9am. The views of the Bay Bridge are always a benefit of staying with us. I'm glad we could get you the room you requested. The Living Room is quite a lively spot for guests and locals alike. Try one of our signature cocktails like Karl the Fog during your next stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent a night here during our stay to San Francisco. I booked hotels at the last minute for our trip and this was one of the. We wish we would have been able to stay longer here. The staff was great at check in. The room was that W hip, fun and clean! These hotels always have good energy and this one did not disappoint. I was a little worried being south of Market, but that was not an issue.

I tried to book a last minute massage, but that did not work out due to our schedule, but the staff at the spa was great.

They are doing construction right next to the hotel and I was a little worried about it, but it was not an issue for us as we do not sleep in late.

We were disappointed that there was not a pool, but it was not a deal killer.

I would recommend this hotel for its rooms and location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello!

We're glad you could spend some time with us during your latest trip to San Francisco. Our Welcome talent is always efficient at check-in and glad to help with any requests you might have. Just ask! Let us know when you come back and we'll be sure to set you up with a Bliss Spa massage. They are worth it! We did remove our pool, but replaced it with a beautiful Terrace space. We'll be serving cocktails up there, so check it out!

See you soon,
alexandria, va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The W is in a fantastic location near dining, shopping, etc. Spa is nice and rooms are nicely decorated. That all seemed great. However - The first morning I woke up here I noticed a couple of quarter sized mosquito-type itchy bites on my arms. I did not think much of it until I woke up at 3:30am the second night covered in them. Feet, arms, face and neck - big, red welty, itchy bites. I was scheduled to leave at 5:30am the next morning so I went ahead downstairs to check out, figuring sitting in the lobby for 2 hours was better than in a bug infested room. I told the night manager what was going on. He was as polite as he could be and sent someone out for Benadryl cream. But he absolutely refused to do anything else for me until "they verify that there is an issue with the room." Let me tell you, this was not made up, there is an issue in that room and I have photos of these nasty bites.

He said they would follow up with me once they know what it was. Sure. Wouldn't even comp the movie I had watched. I was floored that they offered no form of compensation and then flat out refused when I asked. He did offer me water and to put me in another room for the next couple of hours - but when you've been bitten up in your room and are miserable with swollen, itchy bites all over, the last thing you want is another room that could make it worse. Whatever they find in the room later does not matter to the guest who knows that 2 days in a row I woke up with bites - bites that only occurred when I was in my room. And bites on my face and neck that are really unsightly to have to display at work. There is clear, physical evidence that something in that hotel room did this to me. Extremely disappointed not just that I had to go home and back to work with huge welt-like bites all over my face and neck, and having gotten virtually no sleep, but also that they refuse to do anything to address it for me until they "prove" it was something in the room - which I'm sure they'll come back and say it wasn't, because what hotel wants to admit they have bug issues. I will happily update this post if I hear anything from them as a follow up, and they change their tune about doing anything, but I am doubting that will be the case. I just hope other guests don't have this issue.

Hello,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We understand that you have been in contact with our corporate team and Robert Megargle. Please reach out to us if you have further concerns.

Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I had a great trip into the city and wanted to stay somewhere conveniently located near some fun activities. The staff was very wonderful (front desk, doormen and bar). The W has a young, hip vibe that my wife and I really enjoyed.

I would like to give a special thank you to Chris Thompson, the doorman who provided us wonderful hospitality. Thank you Chris!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Jon,

We are a very lively property with great cocktails and an even better vibe. It isn't uncommon for there to be a live DJ set throughout the evening. We would love to set you up with our Insider, Gordon, during you next visit. He knows all the best spots around town to visit. I'll be sure to share your compliments with Chris!

Alexa

Been to W San Francisco? Share your experiences!