“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars

You added Executive Hotel Vintage Court to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 (Chinatown)   |
Ranked #112 of 234 Hotels in San Francisco
Toronto, Canada
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The rooms were just regular rooms, clean and might have had a little humidity smell at first but the personal was SO helpful, always on the look out to help you. The free happy hour with wine was popular and a delight at the end of a sight seeing day in Frisco. The location was perfect, central, seconds away from Chinatown and Market Square and the fancy shopping street. One morning we walked to the Wharf and it was less than 30 minutes. Starbucks was the cheapest place to find breakfast in the morning, unless you adventure to Chinatown. Lots of restaurants in the area for dinner and the staff was helpful with that as well. We stayed for 4 nights and we were not able to find anything cheaper in July. When we go back to SanFrancisco, we will certainly look to book there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at a higher level are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for the recent review and the delightful stay you had at the Executive Hotel Vintage Court. As you noted our staff, location and services helped make your visit to San Francisco a valued choice. We hope to see you again soon and when you return, please visit our website for best rates on packages, as our hotel hot escape rates are the lowest. Enjoy your travels.

Executive Hotel Vintage Court

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked the hotel for a 2 night stay the same day we were driving in to the city. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel location - a couple of blocks to cable cars and in the mix of restaurants, grocery and night life. The front desk staff was friendly when we arrived. Easy check-in and cozy lobby area with wine each evening. Our room was tucked away from the front street with a fabulous skyline view. The entire hotel has a vintage and cozy feel. Parking was easy, too and not as expensive as other hotels. The parking garage is one block from the hotel with in and out privledges for $32 or you can valet for $42. At checkout, the front desk staff even helped weigh our luggage for our flight home. Easy and quick checkout with friendly bellboy willing to watch my luggage while I relaxed and waited for my car to come around. I will dedinitely stay here again when I return to San Francisco!

• Stayed July 2014
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Recent Guest: Thank you for updated review of our hotel, staff, locations and services. As you noted we are a pleasant surprise in a boutique hotel with an executive feel, tucked in the midst of Nob Hill and just two blocks to Union Square. Thanks for your post on the parking fees too. Although parking is $32 a day plus a tax, it is a costly fee; but it is a reasonable rate for San Francisco. Lastly, when you return, please check out our Hot Rate package deals on our website for best rates and we even offer a Park and Stay deal for those with vehicles. Hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Bill Engelhardt - General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights and it was a very good experience. The hotel has a good central location on Bush st. with walking distance to many of the must-see attractions in SF.
The rooms are clean and cosy, but can be a bit noisy in the morning traffic. This is however not at all a big issue.
I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Recent Guest: Thank you for your recent review. Appears your visit into San Francisco was very good experience including our hotel, location and accommodations. I dearly remember you, as you had returned a wallet you found from in your country to local patron whom picked it up at our reception desk, as he left it there a week earlier. Truly nice to know such good deeds don’t happen often enough these days. In all hope you will be back and check out our Hot Rate package deals on our website for best rates.

Bill Engelhardt - General Manager
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were originally booked in for a 5 night stay but checked out after the first night (with no questions asked by the desk manager which made me think this was not uncommon). I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and always try to stay in smaller, quirky accommodation to get a real feel for a place, rather than the mass produced feel from some of the larger hotel chains. The staff on checking in were helpful, although no assistance was offered with our luggage. The smell in the halls and our room was terrible and actually made me feel quite nauseous, we had to leave our window partially open due to the smell and this of course made the street noise unbearably loud. The carpet in our room was very stained and the beds hard. Disappointing as the position of the hotel is great. Would advise against this hotel unless you have no sense of smell.

Room Tip: Not on the street
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Recent Guest: Thank you for your comments and apologize for any indifferences you may have encountered. Our staff is on hand 24 hours a day to make assist in any discomfort or concern. However it appears no contact from you party was ever noted regarding any discomfort of your stay at our hotel. From your remarks it may have been our hotel did not match your requests. Not our beds are not hard but Serta brand pillow tops, our rooms are clean and as a older hotel room in summer time with warm air, guest may need to open windows to receive fresh air. Our location is a downtown urban hotel where noise is going to occur from street traffic, tourists, cable cars, cleaning services. The hotel lastly was never advised by your party that your departure was early and our hotel is very capable of assisting guests to find the correct stay and room if noise or an odor seems odd. Our apologies but for any concerns no matter how small, as our hotel team is always available 24 hours to assist.

Please feel free to contact me any time for review of account to insure reimbursements are processed.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Oh boy, what an adventure. The only reason the hotel got 2 out of 5 stars is because of the location, which is close to Union Square. And here are the reasons why I will not stay here again:

1. The smell! All I can say is “What the he... was that??” When we entered the room, we were hit by a wall of musty stench, while the A/C was blowing in tornado mode. We turned that thing down and opened all windows. Even hours later we were still surrounded by stench.

2. The carpet. We were pretty sure the carpet was the source of the smell. The first day the carpet was wet when we walked on it. Not sure they tried to clean it but it wasn’t dry by day 2 when we left. Chances are that a constantly wet carpet is not healthy and starts smelling.

3. The mold in the bathroom. I could not believe my eyes when we I looked up the ceiling and the area above the wall is spotted with black mold. Hm, health hazard?

4. Little bloody spots all over the sheets. In both beds!

5. Yes, the wireless internet is complimentary but cuts out every 30 seconds. Online check-in for you flight? Good luck!

6. The front desk staff was not very well trained. We were quoted 3 different total prices for our stay. When I signed on arrival I was tired, just put my signature on the form. The amounts seemed different from what I thought it would be so I went back down again and asked to see the form and get an explanation. Sure enough the number was incorrect and they quoted me another price. Good. Until checkout, when it was a completely different amount on the final bill! I had to start all over again and get it fixed. Don’t you make notes when you corrected something in the system and it might not take keep the corrections? The poor guy next to me wasn’t even able to check out for 30 mins because the system wouldn’t let the front desk guy invoice him.

Complaining about above issues gives you a blanket response about the age of the hotel, yadayadayada... I have stayed at older properties but this was by far to most unclean and disgusting one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Recent Guest:

I first of all apologize for any issue you incurred during your stay at the Executive Hotel Vintage Court. I want you to know at the hotel all staff and management take all reviews and comments seriously. I have personally reached directly out to you, as well, to resolve your stay as some issues of your stay may be more serious than others. From your review it appears your stay was unacceptable upon check in, including some wet carpet and an odor that if unbearable and I am sure our hotel team would have be delighted to move you or find you better accommodations if we were notified. Added to your issues if any spots were on sheets or mold on ceiling, or any issues with a wifi connection would be considered ground for full refunds. In regards to wi-fi services, a new system was installed late December 2013 and the hotel has had limited to no guest complaints. I would be immediate to reply to your concerns if you and your guests ask for assistance as our hotel team is on staff 24 hours a day. Regardless, I again apologize and hope you will report your findings directly to me as such comments from your review is very abnormal. Please contact me directly at gmvc@executivehotels.net for a review with you directly for reimbursement. You are also welcome to call me directly at 415-544-6201.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

GMVC@Executivehotels.net
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I`ve spent a week for a Congress in San Francisco, and had a wonderful time at this charming and warming hotel. The room and bathroom are clean and very elegant. We had wine tasting every day by 5p.m. The staff was very careful and helpful! I`d love to come back with my husband!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. The Executive Hotel Vintage Court staff is always here to make your visit to San Francisco comfortable and from your review; you found our hotel to be the value you were seeking with some great perks such as our reception and the personalized service from our staff. Hope to see you again soon and be sure to check out our “HOT” rate package deals on our website for best room rates.

Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were very happy with our accommodations at this hotel. The room was fresh, clean and tastefully furnished. The bed was very comfortable. The toilet was rather small but clean and fresh and the shower was good.
In future I would ask for a higher room to avoid the inevitable street noise throughout the night.
The location was close to Union square and the heart of the city. Staff were friendly and helpful. The wine social in the evening was a relaxing interval in the cozy lobby and a chance to socialize with other travelers from around the world. I have stayed in many other boutique hotels in San Francisco and found this to be on of the better in that category.

Room Tip: Request a higher level room that may be quieter than second floor street facing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Recent Guest: Thank you for your current review. The Executive Hotel Vintage Court staff is always here to make your visit to San Francisco a joy and from your comments you found our hotel to be an enjoyable experience. Although some noise may have been evident from the urban streets, I am delighted you found our wine reception, guest services and atmosphere that exceeded your expectations. It appears you enjoyed our hotel location and room accommodations as well as the services provided. We appreciate the feedback, hope to see you again soon and thanks again! When you return check out our hot rate package deals on our website too!