Oh boy, what an adventure. The only reason the hotel got 2 out of 5 stars is because of the location, which is close to Union Square. And here are the reasons why I will not stay here again:
1. The smell! All I can say is “What the he... was that??” When we entered the room, we were hit by a wall of musty stench, while the A/C was blowing in tornado mode. We turned that thing down and opened all windows. Even hours later we were still surrounded by stench.
2. The carpet. We were pretty sure the carpet was the source of the smell. The first day the carpet was wet when we walked on it. Not sure they tried to clean it but it wasn’t dry by day 2 when we left. Chances are that a constantly wet carpet is not healthy and starts smelling.
3. The mold in the bathroom. I could not believe my eyes when we I looked up the ceiling and the area above the wall is spotted with black mold. Hm, health hazard?
4. Little bloody spots all over the sheets. In both beds!
5. Yes, the wireless internet is complimentary but cuts out every 30 seconds. Online check-in for you flight? Good luck!
6. The front desk staff was not very well trained. We were quoted 3 different total prices for our stay. When I signed on arrival I was tired, just put my signature on the form. The amounts seemed different from what I thought it would be so I went back down again and asked to see the form and get an explanation. Sure enough the number was incorrect and they quoted me another price. Good. Until checkout, when it was a completely different amount on the final bill! I had to start all over again and get it fixed. Don’t you make notes when you corrected something in the system and it might not take keep the corrections? The poor guy next to me wasn’t even able to check out for 30 mins because the system wouldn’t let the front desk guy invoice him.
Complaining about above issues gives you a blanket response about the age of the hotel, yadayadayada... I have stayed at older properties but this was by far to most unclean and disgusting one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMBIANCE- Elegant, European-style AAA three diamond hotel, reminiscent of an inviting Napa Valley Inn - Intimate setting providing a high level of personalized service by a friendly and knowledgeable staff- Wine-themed hotel with each of the guestrooms adorned with names and artwork from California wineries- Warm and welcoming "living room" style lobby with fireplace and comfortable seating areas LOCATION- Historic 1912 building located on the Nob Hill side of Union Square - Two blocks from Union Square, San Francisco's finest shopping district- Less than one block from the Powell Street cable car line to Fisherman's Wharf- Two blocks from the ornate gate entrance of Chinatown and three blocks to the Financial District- Neighboring a wide variety of bistros, cafes and restaurants GUEST ROOMS - 106 spacious nonsmoking guestrooms on eight floors decorated to enrich the hotel's connection with the wine country- Penthouse suite with wood burning fireplace, view of city lights, original 1912 stained glass ceiling, and Jacuzzi tub - Writing desks, inlaid with outlets, in each guestroom - Telephone with extra-long cord, voice mail and dataport - Wireless Internet available throughout the hotel. Fully stocked honor bar in each guestroom - Hairdryers, irons and ironing boards in each guestroom - LCD Hi-Definition television with full cable, Nintendo and pay-per-view movies GUEST SERVICES - Wine reception by the fireplace in the lobby from 5 p.M. To 6 p.M. Each evening- Valet parking with in and out privileges for $45 plus tax per day, self parking for $33 plus tax per day- Concierge services available, offering preferred reservations at restaurants- Fitness room, open daily 6 AM - 10 PM- San Francisco Chronicle and USA TODAY newpaper MEETING FACILITY - Private Boardroom with original stained glass ceiling with skylight from 1912 - Conference seating for 12 people or reception for 25 people - Drop projection screen in room, audiovisual equipment available upon request- Windows providing natural light and expansive city views Dining Room offers "All Spice" American Bistro and Bar, a delightful dining experience Tuesday to Saturdays 5:30 to 10:30 pm. All Spice offers a light breakfast service is available daily from 7am to 10am in our dining room for hotel guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Groupon, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Executive Hotel Vintage Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel San Francisco
- Vintage Court San Francisco
- Hotel Vintage Court