The executive hotel wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. The room itself was pretty good (except the bathroom which was outrageously small), and was cleaned well each day. The staff were pretty awful, except the housekeeping lady who was perfectly lovely. Location was good, only a couple of blocks from Union Square. The only reason I didn't give the hotel a 'Poor' is because I imagine that most San Francisco hotels are pretty vintage(old)/boutiquey(small).
Jonathon, a member of the lobby staff, was terrible. We checked out at about 11am (give or take an hour, can't remember), and had to wait until about 6pm for a shuttle to the airport. Obviously we didn't want to wait in the hotel for that whole time so we decided that we would leave our bags with the hotel and go for a walk/explore/find something to eat. So we asked Jonathon if he could keep the bags for us, to which he said that there was no room out the back so we would just have to leave them in the lobby, and he would keep an eye on them. We were a bit uncomfortable with that, but ended up doing it anyway. When we got back the bags were still there, but it was a different concierge member and we were going to head out for a bit again, so we asked this staff member if he could put the bags and the back and explained that Jonathon had said there wasn't any room. The new staff member look at another one with a strange look and said there was heaps of room out the back, and put the bags there. So I'm not sure if Jonathon was incompetent or lazy, but either way it was pretty disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AMBIANCE- Elegant, European-style AAA three diamond hotel, reminiscent of an inviting Napa Valley Inn - Intimate setting providing a high level of personalized service by a friendly and knowledgeable staff- Wine-themed hotel with each of the guestrooms adorned with names and artwork from California wineries- Warm and welcoming "living room" style lobby with fireplace and comfortable seating areas LOCATION- Historic 1912 building located on the Nob Hill side of Union Square - Two blocks from Union Square, San Francisco's finest shopping district- Less than one block from the Powell Street cable car line to Fisherman's Wharf- Two blocks from the ornate gate entrance of Chinatown and three blocks to the Financial District- Neighboring a wide variety of bistros, cafes and restaurants GUEST ROOMS - 106 spacious nonsmoking guestrooms on eight floors decorated to enrich the hotel's connection with the wine country- Penthouse suite with wood burning fireplace, view of city lights, original 1912 stained glass ceiling, and Jacuzzi tub - Writing desks, inlaid with outlets, in each guestroom - Telephone with extra-long cord, voice mail and dataport - Wireless Internet available throughout the hotel for a small fee - Fully stocked honor bar in each guestroom - Hairdryers, irons and ironing boards in each guestroom - LCD Hi-Definition television with full cable, Nintendo and pay-per-view movies GUEST SERVICES - Wine reception by the fireplace in the lobby from 5 p.M. To 6 p.M. Each evening- Valet parking with in and out privileges for $42 plus tax per day, self parking for $32 plus tax per day- Concierge services available, offering preferred reservations at restaurants- Fitness room, open daily 6 AM - 10 PM- San Francisco Chronicle and USA TODAY newpaper MEETING FACILITY - Private Boardroom with original stained glass ceiling with skylight from 1912 - Conference seating for 12 people or reception for 25 people - Drop projection screen in room, audiovisual equipment available upon request- Windows providing natural light and expansive city views MASA'S- Renovations are on place to bring a delightful dining experience in Summer 2014. Currently, a light breakfast service is available daily from 6:30 am to 10am in our dining room for hotel guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Executive Hotel Vintage Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Hotel San Francisco
- Vintage Court San Francisco
- Hotel Vintage Court