This hotel is very close to the heart of the city. It has been recently renovated and the rooms are tastefully done, if a bit small (approx 10x12, not counting the bath). The front desk and bell staff are very good, but it was a windy, cool weekend on our visit and the lobby was constantly cold, due to the front doors being left open frequently. The restaurant is well run and the menu is good, if a bit pricey. The hotel is close to BART, if that's your way of getting around the city. Grabbing a cab could take a couple of minutes. The cable car runs right outside the hotel, so it's easy to hop on. We had trouble with the in-house TV service and it took three maintenance staff to figure things out on our second night's stay. When we checked in we were given one of their "Quiet Rooms", which means a room that is oriented to the interior light well between wings of the old building, with a view directly into an opposing room -- and some tastefully arranged HVAC covers that were right at window level. Haven't been to SF in almost 30 years. Don't know what the rest of the city has to offer, but the VF has some ground to make up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Florence offers 190 guest rooms, where the Italian-inspired theme continues in the rooms' furniture selection featuring cut velvet lounge chairs and large dramatic Peony flowers painted on the guest bed headboards. The flowers, reminiscent of Florentine flower markets, pair elegantly with bed pillows featuring the Fleur-des-Lis, the symbol of Florence. Each guestroom highlights the uniqueness of the building's architecture, featuring one-off pieces in each room, while the portraits in the guest room corridors are inspired by the Renaissance and evoke the spirit of art, literature, and learning. The whimsical photos in the guest room corridors were created by Liz Heras, a well-known Los Angeles-based graphic artist who creates custom graphic artwork for large-scale hotel projects nationwide. With ample room for the family, an intimate backdrop for romance, and upgraded amenities, Villa Florence will keep you connected to home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Villa Florence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Florence Larkspur Collection
- Villa Florence San Francisco