“Great location, wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Florence

You added Villa Florence to your Saves list
Villa Florence
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102 (Union Square)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking This Spring
Ranked #82 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Redding, California
“Great location, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Loved the location, it's right next to the cable car route so it is busy and loud at night. Nice big rooms with big windows. Staff is friendly and enthusiastic which is great considering I've stayed places in union square where the staff seems bothered by having to deal with guests. Definitely recommend!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

fantastic location on the edge of union square. 2 blocks to Bart, ( train to airport) lots of cool little clubs around ( highly recommend biscuit and blues just around the corner). Large inner facing quiet rooms, very firm beds, a little too firm for me. Don't like the policy of advertising free wi fi and then charging a "resort fee" which covers wi fi, not really free then is it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chad O, General Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Naki-one,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and the proximity to so many options for clubs and restaurants. Biscuits and Blues is one of my favorite too!

We hope to see you again soon.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed on business. Great location right in Union Square, easy to get to restaurants, Moscone Center, Chinatown, the street car, the Embarcadero. The room was recently renovated, everything was clean. TV reception was spotty, but I didn't go to San Francisco to watch TV. The restaurant downstairs serves a nice breakfast - especially the eggs benedict.

I stayed on the second floor. Advantage: you don't have to wait for the busy and slow elevators. Disadvantage: noisy, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. Oh, and single male travellers should be prepared to field friendly offers for company from lonely ladies on the street outside, if you're walking back to the hotel late.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms can be noisy, especially Fri/Sat nights
Chad O, General Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jim,

Thanks for the review from your recent visit. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the newly renovated room. It sounds like our location was a perfect fit for al you wanted to see and do while you were here. I agree with you that the eggs benedict in Kuleto's is an incredible choice for breakfast but another amazing choice to consider on your next visit, the short rib hash.

We hope to see you again soon on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotels is small and quant, staff was amazing and went above and beyond. There were 3 of us so the double rooms were a bit small but we managed. Hotel is close to everything in the center of town.
I would recommend this place for any traveler.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Robyn,

Glad that you and your friends enjoyed your girls trip. We hope to see you back soon for the next girls weekend or whatever special occasion brings you back this way.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Wanted to show my wife a wonderful weekend in SF and chose this hotel based on reviews as well as its location in the city. Checked in, anxious to get out of our traveling clothes and ready for our dinner reservations.

We walked in and to our surprise, the room had not been touched. (Check out at 12, this is 7:30pm) Dirty towels, urine in the toilet, wine glasses on the nightstand and the bed turned back. We go back down stairs and let the front desk know, and she gave us a new room and a "comp" bottle of wine. I asked if the room was the same decor/floor plan?

"Yes! Same room just on a different floor."

We make our way back up to our new room and its NOT the same room, totally different.
We call the desk, she meets us at the new room a few doors down.

Finally we can get ready. Why not crack open that bottle right? Wrong. $15 corkscrew opener charge- We will wait. Feel like that was a setup for extra charges. Mind you we didn't make it to dinner on time so lost our table. Total disappointment!!!!

The shower had no water pressure what-so-ever! The TV was in an awkward place.

Picked up a couple of the maps they had available at the desk. It had some coupons for a few of the things that we had on our agenda. But long behold, when we went to use them, EXPIRED!! I also booked my reservation on Expedia and paid extra for the breakfast package and wasn't aware breakfast ended at 10, made it down shortly after and managed to get some Oj, then over hear another employee jump down the girls throat about breakfast being over already and how she should have charged me!!

The only upside to the experience, they had a comfy bed. Although the room a few doors down were obnoxiously loud group of guys telling "remember the time" stories to where we felt apart of the conversation and had to turn the tv on loud just to fall asleep.

I didn't want to give this place anything less then average cause the room it's self wasn't poor, it was just that things could have gone a lot smoother on the staffs part.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chad O, General Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit. I am so sorry to hear about the problems you faced when checking in. I would like to investigate this more but need a little more information from your visit (last name, room number and or / date you stayed). If possible and when convenient for you, I would be grateful if you could either email or call me at my below contacts.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that you and your wife can experience the service we pride ourselves on. If there is anything that I can do to make this up to you, please let me know.

415-617-1027
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at Villa Florence, centrally located to Union Square, shops, theaters and great restaurants! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun get away or if staying in SFO on business.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing inwards as it is AMAZINGLY quiet!!!!
Chad O, General Manager at Villa Florence, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for the nice remarks from your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel to attend a conference at Moscone. The location was perfect, restaurants just outside the door and just a 10 minute walk to the convention center. I knew going in from reading online reviews I didn't want a noisy room facing Powell, but I did want a street view. I was placed in a 6th floor room that faced O'Farrel near the rear of the hotel. It was only noisy when I opened the window. Windows that open are a huge plus for me. I love the cool fresh air.

Room Tip: For quieter room facing the street, ask for a high floor, near the rear of the hotel, facing O'F...
Dear L L ,

Thanks for the nice review. Glad to read that your room choice of overlooking Powell Street provided that "San Francisco" experience you were looking for. There is something special about hearing the bells from the Cable Cars.

We hope to see you back soon for your next conference or when you need to escape for leisure.

colson@villaflorence.com

Been to Villa Florence? Share your experiences!