“Location, Location, Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Location, Location, Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel is conveniently located in Powell St which is within few blocks from the Powell BART station that connects you with SFO int. The cable car station and Union Square are just around the corner. It is also within walking distance of Chinatown and the Financial district. Very convenient hotel.

Something that is really important for me from any hotel is the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Villa Florence aced on this. The bathrooms were really clean and shiny. Good job.

The service of the hotel is extraordinary. Everybody is very polite and helpful. Specially the breakfast bar tender at the Bar Norcini. He is fun and transmit the positive energy needed in the mornings.

Now, keep in mind that with the convenience of a central location it comes some downsides such as noise. I stayed there Monday - Thursday and for the most part I had no issues with noise and I was able to sleep comfortably. There were only two instances where loud bangs and shouts from the street woke me up but they got quiet pretty quick. I did not experience any noise from the other rooms or the hallway, however, I was in the 7th floor.

I recommend the hotel adding some thick blinders to block some of the street lights and noise at night.

There is one thing I must call out. The carpets need replacing or a very good scrubbing. The streets in SF are kind of dirty and from the hallway to the rooms, the carpets are really dirty. My room did not had any slippers and I had to wear my socks at all times. It appears that previous guests would not take off their shoes and I can't stop thinking about all the stuff they step on during the day and transported into the carpet when they came back.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and I didn't hear noise from the surrounding rooms or hallway.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Villa Florence for 3 nights in August and the service was exceptional! I had emailed them inadvance to let them know that it was my mom’s birthday and they surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - WOW! The Villa Florence is conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco on Powell. If your looking to shop, want easy transportation anywhere, and want to feel the city vibe then this is the location for you. The staff were very accommodating, the room was clean, INCREDIBLE FOOD at the restaurant (Kuletos), and THE LOCATION WAS PERFECT! On our last day we had a very early morning flight and were a little concerned with walking to the train at that time. The very kind and accommodating gentleman named Edward called us a shuttle and entertained us until we left. All in all, it was a perfect stay – thank you Villa Florence! You made my mom’s birthday and our first-time experience in San Francisco truly memorable.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor for less noise - we stayed in room 722 and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I recently went to San Francisco to get married and stayed at the Villa Florence three nights. I have stayed here on other occasions because it is such a wonderful hotel. WOW, everything was absolutely superb. Check in and out was easy and very accommodating. All of the staff treat you like you are a celebrity. The Concierge Service was above and beyond the best and we were on a first name basis with Clarence. He provided a list of great restaurants, airport arrangements and much more. The Kuleto's restaurant was superb as always and the food is fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the great city of San Francisco. Lyn McKie

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a last minute trip to San Francisco in late July. We had the unexpected pleasure of staying at Villa Florence. It was terrific! The staff was wonderful and helpful. We were given one off the newly remodeled rooms. It was small, but very comfortable and gorgeous. The location on Powell St. was perfect to catch public transportation which is definitely the way to get around in San Francisco. We would stay here again in a heart beat. Give it a try!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I came here at no notice, having had a bad experience in another hotel. This really made up for it.
Charming friendly staff, great very Italian feel in the spacious lobby, delicious breakfast int he coffee shop and all at a reasonable price right in the heart of San Francisco. Bedrooms aren't fancy but nothing wrong with them. Highly recommended. i'll be back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Edouard and peter is very friendly and helpful I give them 20 stars thank you so muck because of the employees I will be back with my friends and family. This hotel is very nice and Eduard told me about history this hotel and the restaurant is very nice.

• Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Villa Florence had superlative European atmosphere, food, and service from a fine staff.

The lobby restaurant bustled with patrons and waitstaff, the clatter of glasses, dishes and the kitchen. excellent grub!

Bar Norcini doubled as a lobby bar and morning breakfast spot, though I visited solely for breakfast and the everpresent look of recognition and friendly wave. Their staff was just great. I hung out at a table each morning, having coffee, juice and either a croissant or a tart as I waited for the family to arrive for the day's activities.

The room was fine, and the service folks were intent upon our comfort and satisfaction. We had a problem that might have otherwise tainted our experience, but all throughout...We were charmed with the place and how we were treated.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Villa Florence, A JRK Hotel? Share your experiences!