The hotel is conveniently located in Powell St which is within few blocks from the Powell BART station that connects you with SFO int. The cable car station and Union Square are just around the corner. It is also within walking distance of Chinatown and the Financial district. Very convenient hotel.
Something that is really important for me from any hotel is the cleanliness of the bathrooms. Villa Florence aced on this. The bathrooms were really clean and shiny. Good job.
The service of the hotel is extraordinary. Everybody is very polite and helpful. Specially the breakfast bar tender at the Bar Norcini. He is fun and transmit the positive energy needed in the mornings.
Now, keep in mind that with the convenience of a central location it comes some downsides such as noise. I stayed there Monday - Thursday and for the most part I had no issues with noise and I was able to sleep comfortably. There were only two instances where loud bangs and shouts from the street woke me up but they got quiet pretty quick. I did not experience any noise from the other rooms or the hallway, however, I was in the 7th floor.
I recommend the hotel adding some thick blinders to block some of the street lights and noise at night.
There is one thing I must call out. The carpets need replacing or a very good scrubbing. The streets in SF are kind of dirty and from the hallway to the rooms, the carpets are really dirty. My room did not had any slippers and I had to wear my socks at all times. It appears that previous guests would not take off their shoes and I can't stop thinking about all the stuff they step on during the day and transported into the carpet when they came back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Bellissima. A taste of Italy in the heart of Union Square. The Villa Florence embodies the feel of a modern Italian urban villa, providing warm, exceptional service and charming accommodations to its guests. With its fusion of eclectic European flair and metropolitan energy, the Villa Florence is authentically furnished and is ideally located in the epicenter of San Francisco – steps from Union Square. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. Additionally, as part of the JRK Hotel Group, the hotel offers signature brand elements, including CO Bigelow bath and body products, high-tech efficiencies and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. While visiting the Villa Florence, guests can dine casually at Bar Norcini, located within the hotel. It’s an intimate wine bar and from the decor to the wonderful selection of wines, charcuterie and cheeses, Bar Norcini celebrates the flavors and traditions of Italy. Just next door, adjacent to the lobby, you'll find Kuleto's Italian Restaurant, a San Francisco institution for locals and visitors alike for over twenty years, serves exquisite Northern Italian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Florence, A JRK Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Florence Larkspur Collection
- Villa Florence San Francisco