“Will definitely stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Florence, A JRK Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94102   |
Ranked #94 of 236 hotels in San Francisco
Orlando, Florida, USA
“Will definitely stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am staying at Villa Florence for 9 nights. I have been here for 6 nights so far and it is great. I spent a little bit more and got a king room on the 7 th floor facing the street. The room is spacious and clean and the bed very comfortable. I have major back issues so I was a bit worried. I was very pleasantly surprised. Staff us friendly and helpful, food is very good, and you can't beat the location. Street noise dies down around 10 ish. I don't mind because why stay in the city if you mind the noise? This was a pleasure trip so I did not need to use their wifi. I did everything from my smart phone, although they do have a business center.

• Stayed June 2013

1,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was friendly, my room was clean and big enough.
The hotel is close to union square, which is a really good point. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for business trip or family trip !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

It is in very crowded, messy and noisy area even after midnight which is hard to rest. The hotel is old and room is small. I cannot believe how they get all nice photos on their website. They must be good at photoshop.
It does not worth for rate 2$$ per night
I have to do better to get a good hotel next time

• Stayed June 2013
Chad1971, General Manager at Villa Florence, A JRK Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I am so sorry to ready that you did not enjoy your stay with us. If there is anything I can do to make up for the experience, please feel free to contact me directly.

Chad Olson
415-617-1027
colson@villaflorence.com
San Clemente
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I met a friend from high school here for the weekend. We walked and ate and shopped and this hotel was in the middle of everywhere we wanted to go. Easy walking and a lot of good food. We enjoyed Kuleto's restaurant, the wait staff was attentive but not too forward. Our room was spacious and updated with all of the latest amenities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Villa Florence for 3 nights earlier this month.
From our checkin till our departure the staff was exceptional. Helping us with dining recomendations, directions and travel tips. We couldn't have been asked for more. The cable car running in front of the hotel was the perfect SF experience.
Not too big to be impersonal nor too small.
Highly recomended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our travel agent recommended this spot and we enjoyed our stay. We have since been back and shared our good experiences with others. The restaurant is wonderful. Our room was very nice and the price was reasonable especially considering it was so close to the heart of the shopping district.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great location and our Junior Suite was good size.

I was apprehensive about our stay as I had sent them 3 emails and none of them were answered. We eventually called them and requested the room on a higher level and not to be on the Powell St as it is quite a busy street.

Handy location - close to public transport, Union Square, Shopping area and good restaurants nearby. It is perfect location.

The staff are helpful and Jose the concierge was very helpful - gave us handy tips to navigate the city.

The hotel itself is old and it is evident in the decor and the carpets are a little dirty and could do with a good clean. But I would return back purely for the location and the staff.

Admin fees were a little steep.

Room Tip: Request room away from Powell St as it gets quite noisy and if possible on higher floor